Caldwell County Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Need some help from folks that are in or around the Caldwell County area and monitor it on VIPER...........

I set up a few zones in my Unication G5 for monitoring Caldwell County in VIPER, both VHF and 800, however I'm not having any luck on the 800 side. I've got both the Hibriten & Butte Mountain sites with the correct RFSS info, Site Info, as well as both the main and alternate CC's for each. And from where I monitor while in Caldwell County I can see the tower site on Hibriten yet continuously get the Out Of Range indicators.

For the Hibriten site the Pri CC is 853.3250, and alternate 852.9000. For the Butte Site the Pri CC is 852.9875, and alternate 853.8250. Anyone monitoring in Caldwell that may be reading this (or anyone that knows) are these still the correct frequencies, or have things changed and just not been updated? I'll be in Caldwell County again tomorrow and I'd like to listen while I'm up there.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

bbeam

Did you get it working?

Hi Daniel,

I live in the same area as you. My G5 will arrive this week. Curious if you resolved your issue and if so what was the resolution?

Thanks!

Bryan

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
for Hibreten did you enter the alpha or numeric number?

2 (2) 047 (2F) Hibriten Mountain Caldwell

I had this issue in cabarrus county and someone told me to change from the NUMERIC to the ALPHA
so switch the 47 for 2F or vice versa

has worked normal ever since

KM4WLV

for Hibreten did you enter the alpha or numeric number?

2 (2) 047 (2F) Hibriten Mountain Caldwell

I had this issue in cabarrus county and someone told me to change from the NUMERIC to the ALPHA
so switch the 47 for 2F or vice versa

has worked normal ever since

In the G5 PPS on the Hibritten site I've got the RFSS set to 2, and the Site as 47. I've changed the Site from 47 to 2F. I've not been back up to Caldwell County to test it yet though.

I've also set up a Zone for VIPER to do testing where instead of putting in whatever the Site Number is you put in FF and the pager will determine the correct number itself. This is based on what's in the "help section" to the right while using the PPS. Here's a cut and paste of where it mentioned that:

● Site ID
Definition
Selects (in hex format) the identification number of the preferred Site for the current P25 Trunking System. The Site ID can be set to 'FF' which means radio can automatically search and match a appropriate Site ID to use.

bbeam

Okay - thanks much Daniel

My G5 arrives Thursday. I've been reading and watching tutorial videos on programming. My guess is I will be pulling my hair out by Friday!

I appreciate your assistance. I'm sure you will hear from me again.

Bryan, W4HLD

ncdadof3

Premium Subscriber
Try also using the Catawba towers and High Peak in Burke. I pick Caldwell up just fine in Morganton on the Pro197

bbeam

Okay good to know. I travel to Morganton and Valdese every week.

G5 arrived today. Two days early. Ray's Pagers provided great service. Looking forward to playing with the pager tonight.

Thanks for the assistance.

KM4WLV

Okay - thanks much Daniel

My G5 arrives Thursday. I've been reading and watching tutorial videos on programming. My guess is I will be pulling my hair out by Friday!

I appreciate your assistance. I'm sure you will hear from me again.

Bryan, W4HLD

Bryan, if you have any questions on programming, etc, shoot me a message and I'll help you through it. It can be a little intimidating if you've not done it before, especially some of Unications features. Once you play around with the pager and PPS it's really not bad at all.

On the note of Caldwell County, I'll be going up to Lenoir (if plans don't change) Thursday afternoon for a couple hours. I'll give things a try again while up there. If the changes are successful I'll let you guys know. If not I'll let ya'll know that too lol

bbeam

Bryan, if you have any questions on programming, etc, shoot me a message and I'll help you through it. It can be a little intimidating if you've not done it before, especially some of Unications features. Once you play around with the pager and PPS it's really not bad at all.

On the note of Caldwell County, I'll be going up to Lenoir (if plans don't change) Thursday afternoon for a couple hours. I'll give things a try again while up there. If the changes are successful I'll let you guys know. If not I'll let ya'll know that too lol

Thanks Daniel!

I was able to get my fire dispatch (VHF analog) working.(Haven't programmed the tones yet) and Caldwell P25 trunking. Your tip about Hibritten was helpful. It uses 2F instead of 47. After watching the video it wasn't that difficult. I'm sure setting all the various options, etc will be tricky.

I will add another trunking site today. I'm on the fringe of Hibritten.

I was surprised to learn that you can't scan VHF analog while also scanning P25 trunking! If anyone has a workaround, I'm all ears. That defeats the purpose of why I purchased the G5. I wanted to monitor my fire dispatch on VHF while scanning P25.

I haven't been able to locate Fire Dispatch on P25. It's listed as 7505 but I'm not hearing any activity. If you happen to know the TG please share.

Thanks again for the assistance!

Bryan

ncdadof3

Premium Subscriber
Normally I only receive fire on vhf not on P25. EMS, Sheriff, and Lenoir PD ,Hudson, Granite Falls are on P25.

CFP387

Daniel, I've been able to monitor Catawba County fire dispatch on VIPER using the Barium Springs site for a good while on both my G5 and 436HP. (I monitor Randolph fire dispatch on the Lexington site as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.