Caledonia standoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is interested I'm picking up off the Welland Tower on the fleetnet system the OPP that are on scene at the standoff in Caledonia, very busy 9376 Tactical 1 (London Comm Centre)
Steve

jellotor

Terry may have his stream up.

I'm just listening in right now and it sounds like Echo units are located at the blockade on Argyle St. and Zulu units are in the area of Hwy 6 & Hwy 52.

MetalCarnage

firefgtr said:
came out late 2004

LOL, odd, cant say i ever remembered seeing it in threads here till this past December/January, my bad.....now that its dropped in the $799 area i may start thinking about buying one...

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
MetalCarnage said:
LOL, odd, cant say i ever remembered seeing it in threads here till this past December/January, my bad.....now that its dropped in the $799 area i may start thinking about buying one...

lol, ya after i broke the bank buying mine!!!! oh well its all worth it :)

MetalCarnage

firefgtr said:
lol, ya after i broke the bank buying mine!!!! oh well its all worth it :)

Well i only ended up buying my 796D around this time last summer, so i am trying to hold off on getting into the habit of buying a new toy every summer, lol

SCPD

QRT
Caledonia Standoff

Hello. I am just wondering if someone can give me the link to the live feed for the Caledonia Standoff which is going on right now, so I can listen to it, to hear what is going on. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Coolguy

rhutch

I bought mine for $799 at Radio World August 2005 and they were out a few months before that. Looks like they shipped sometime in June or July when you go back and read the 396 pre-release thread. Can't wait to pick up a couple of the 996's

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
live feed

coolguy said:
Hello. I am just wondering if someone can give me the link to the live feed for the Caledonia Standoff which is going on right now, so I can listen to it, to hear what is going on. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Coolguy
I know of know live feed of the Caledonia standoff, anyway the standoff is over, the road has been opened up again and every one has gone home.
Steve

rhutch

They removed one barricade for now so it's far from over, it's just quietd down for a bit. The weekends will be when the crap hits the fan, the townies have to go to work through the week and probably aren't going to hang out at the barricades.

jellotor

coolguy said:

Coolguy

I said Terry MIGHT have his feed up. Unless there is something going on, his feed is probably dedicated to Waterloo.

Many Fleetnet sites in Southern Ontario are repeating talkgroup 9376 (TAC 1) anyway...dial in your local control channel and see if that talkgroup is active.

ajc165

thanks for the info ,,,,but ....i followed the link for zone 1 ,,,how do i program all this into the scanner ......i've been using close call and custom searchs (band 5 ) since i got this scanner .....my old radio shack pro 60 was much more user friendly .....i may have to send it uniden and have them program it .....(they sent me a e mail offering to do it for $75.00 )

p.s i got this scanner last aug. in the states while on a trip ....for $ 5oo.00 us.

ajc165

opps ..sorry i se the detailed instructions....how do i manager all the control channels ...if i want more than one location,,,,? do i have to create another channel?

sunfireguy

if you follow the instructions on the thread made by mike oxlong it tells you how to program it in to the scanner, button for button

ajc165

thank you...

ok ,,,i programmed by as directed by mike,,,thank you ...very good instructions,,,my question is ...can i program all of Zone 1 primary (red) and the alternate channels (blue) channels ?. ..how many frequencies will this system hold...?

Status
Not open for further replies.