Calf in highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure there's a more appropriate place to post this, but couldn't find it.

The other day, I was listening to local SD on my scanner.

A newbie deputy was sent to wrangle a calf that was wandering in the highway. After going enroute, he asked for a description of the calf.
The dispatcher, with a little attitude in his voice responded with, "It's brown and is shaped like a calf."

I got a chuckle out of it, hope you do too.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The dispatcher, with a little attitude in his voice responded with, "It's brown and is shaped like a calf."

I've called in car wrecks and had the call-taker ask for descriptions of the vehicles. Um, they'll be the ones crumpled up in the intersection ...

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I've called in car wrecks and had the call-taker ask for descriptions of the vehicles. Um, they'll be the ones crumpled up in the intersection ...

They do that here, too. I think it was originally for other situations where there may be lots of vehicles around and the accident is minor and damage may not be so apparent. Even so, I've heard them give a description of an overturned vehicle which, I would think, would be relatively easy to distinguish from most of the other vehicles around.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
They do that here, too. I think it was originally for other situations where there may be lots of vehicles around and the accident is minor and damage may not be so apparent. Even so, I've heard them give a description of an overturned vehicle which, I would think, would be relatively easy to distinguish from most of the other vehicles around.

That and they usually aren't able to leave the scene.

KD5WLX

Car Fire

Heard a few years back on TFD:

Female dispatcher: Engine 19, Engine 24, car fire highway 75 northbound between Apache and 36th Street...

A few minutes later:
Engine 24 on scene, 75 command. 19 you can return to service. Main we'll need a wrecker for 1 all tires down. We have one late model Honda depreciating rapidly.
Main: color of the car?
E24: mostly red and black, but the unburnt parts are green.

Status
Not open for further replies.