Calfire Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProLaw1

Has anyone else noticed that Calfire San Diego has not been using zone 11 TG,everything seems to be on zone 10 regardless of the incident and I’m hearing zone 10 traffic on both the south site as well as west site, I just wonder what they are doing if it’s permanent or just temporary

SDBud

Has anyone else noticed that Calfire San Diego has not been using zone 11 TG,everything seems to be on zone 10 regardless of the incident and I’m hearing zone 10 traffic on both the south site as well as west site, I just wonder what they are doing if it’s permanent or just temporary

Z10 and Z11 should both have the dispatches, but Z 11 is the north half of the County, Z 10 is South (usually), but there is no actual line you can see or point to for the difference.

Reactions: B

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Z10 and Z11 should both have the dispatches, but Z 11 is the north half of the County, Z 10 is South (usually), but there is no actual line you can see or point to for the difference.

I typically hear more 10 stuff NORTH and 11 stuff SOUTH aka EAST.

Paul

FYRDC

CALFIRE/County Fire use changed several months ago. See below.

Zone 10 primary use is for routine incident assignments (medical, service calls, misc. hazards, traffic collision (no extrication), etc.)
Zone 11 use- *Think anything a Battalion Chief would normally respond to. Structure Fires, traffic collisions w/ extrication, etc.

Assignments are:
10A/11A: Dispatch
10B/11B: Admin traffic to ECC
10C/10D: Batt 1/7
10E/10F: Batt 5/8
10G/H: Batt 2/3/4
10I/10J: Incident
10K: VHF back-up
10L/M/N: Incident
10P: Emergency

11C/D/E: Incident South
11/F/G/H: Incident South
11I/J/K: Incident North
11L/M/N: Incident North
11P: Emergency

There are also several more talkgroups in use for training, community risk, administration and law enforcement bureau use.

B

Premium Subscriber
Great info, FYRDC, much appreciated. Can you please fill us in about all the changes? Thanks in advance!

Bill

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Yes thank you, I have been trying to figure out what the heck they have been doing for the past year!

Paul

mike619

I have heard structure fire calls on the zone 10 talkgroups as well.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Is 10K still the "these god damn VHF repeaters dont work!" backup wildland response talkgroup?

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
That use case would have been user-error…

I notice they've been patching 10A and 11A so hearing the medical dispatches on 11A or the structure fires on 10A (because the scanner will only stop on one or the other) might be what's confusing people.

Thank you for the post. DB is partially updated. A couple more questions...

• I monitored 10A/11A for a bit and so far every medical dispatch was assigned "Respond on 10 Charlie." Were these really all calls in Battalion 1/7, or are they running 10C as a medical command similar to what Central Fire (formerly known as Heartland) does with 1C?

• Is there a public map of the CAL FIRE/County FPD battalion response areas? The only station map I've been able to find groups them by county board of supervisor district - not terribly helpful when responding to a fire. :)

• For the groups of 3 incident talkgroups in Zone 11 (for example 11C/11D/11E Incident South), do you know if they assign these similar to how SDFD used to do it, with the command channel (IC to ECC) being the first talkgroup and the second and third being a primary and secondary tac / fireground? How about with the 2 talkgroup pairs in zone 10?

• Any updates on what zone 12 will be used for? Here's what we have currently:

• DecimalHexModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
    39027DCFA 12A Travel12A TravelFire-Talk
    244398bDCFA 12E12E Fire TacFire-Tac
    244498cDCFA 12F12F Fire TacFire-Tac
    244598dDCFA 12G12G Fire TacFire-Tac
    244698eDCFA 12H12H Fire TacFire-Tac
    244798fDCFA 12I12I Fire TacFire-Tac

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Wait, 11A is new Medical calls dispatch? I have mine locked out because I thought it was just the patch of 10A like 4A is a patch of 3A.

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Wait, 11A is new Medical calls dispatch? I have mine locked out because I thought it was just the patch of 10A like 4A is a patch of 3A.

Other way around - Post #4 says 10A is routine incident dispatch (single engine type response maybe?) including medical aids, and 11A will be structure fires, vehicle accidents with victims trapped and other more serious incidents where a battalion chief would need to respond.

Monitored 11A some tonight and confirmed on unitrunker it was patched to 10A. Heard only medical calls. Every dispatch said “respond on 10C”, very similar to how Central fire runs 1C as a medical command and how SDFD runs 7E as a medical command. So I’m curious if that’s what’s going on, or if the channels really are split up by battalion per post #4.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Update: I guess I didn’t give it enough time. Medical aid at Donnovan Prison got 10G/10H today.

I’d love to see that battalion map (or at least which stations the BCs are housed at) to make some sense of how the zone 10 talkgroups are assigned.

FYRDC

Is 10K still the "these god damn VHF repeaters dont work!" backup wildland response talkgroup?

Paul
Yes on 10K.
And ref 10A/11A, and 10B/11B, The Alpha’s are are strapped together as are both Bravo’s, at the system level.

Status
Not open for further replies.