Calgary Airport Radios (not VHF air to ground)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yycvor

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone can help me out, Im interested In scanning airport radios. In perticular the radios airlines use for ground servicing (baggage/ramp)
I work at WestJet, I use the radios through a touch screen console, but I know that the accual radios used are all of motorola type. This system is partially used for calling in outbound baggage loads communicated to me at the WestJet operations centre at the hangar in Calgary from every domestic airport we serve in Canada. The main use is for general day to day ground operations type stuff. That is the extent of my knowledge on this system. I dont see anything listed on this site.
Any info is appreciated.
I know of one member here (former co-worker) that probally has great experience in scanning this exact system. I dont know if he is still around....

smason

There's some non air-ground stuff listed in the database, for Westjet, the following is listed:

WestJet

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
452.83750 CIE922 R 107.2 PL WJA OPS WestJet Ops FM Aircraft
463.83750 CIE922 R 032 DPL WJA BAG OPS WestJet Baggage Ops FM Aircraft

yycvor

Premium Subscriber
MasonB, I dont see it on the Calgary Digital Network, Like I said the system is maintained by a 3rd party company called AIRINC. I did have success finding it on the Freqs listed above.

Thanks for the help!

SCPD

QRT
MasonB, I dont see it on the Calgary Digital Network, Like I said the system is maintained by a 3rd party company called AIRINC. I did have success finding it on the Freqs listed above.

Thanks for the help!
Are you looking for the 3rd party baggage ram people; In Edmonton and Calgary they use a company sub, sub contracted by SwissAir. I did catch a few close-calls on them, in the 461 and 451 frequency range.
Same group also used the same channel to de-ice planes

SCPD

QRT
WESTJET 1 129.200000 AU None 2.0
WESTJET 2 130.575000 AU None 2.0
WESTJET 3 460.487500 AU None 2.0
WESTJET 4 465.487500 AU CTCSS 141.3

This is what I have for Westjet ..

I can confirm that they are accurate .. as I was at the Edmonton International Airport last night and these freqs were active.

I got these I think from using Close Call at the EIA.

So .. use these as a starting point along with the information that people
have supplied already.

SCPD

QRT
Are you looking for the 3rd party baggage ram people; In Edmonton and Calgary they use a company sub, sub contracted by SwissAir. I did catch a few close-calls on them, in the 461 and 451 frequency range.
Same group also used the same channel to de-ice planes

For Edmonton I found what I was looking for. Westjet/AC ..... baggage and ground - ram crews handled on 463.2875 / 468.2875 tone 114.8 de-ice on 123.5250 operated by SwissAir / SwissPort Also same crews heard using Westjet channels posted by EdmScan

yycvor

Premium Subscriber
In YEG, Westjet uses a contracted 3rd party ground operations company called ATS (Not Swissair), Your thinking Servisair, but they are not contracted by Westjet. In YYC WJA ramp staff is all handled internally by WJA. However in YEG, ATS uses the WestJet AIRINC system. Howerver I was able to found what I was looking for here in YYC. Still dont know why I care to scan it, I've been using these radios daily for 5 years, just interesting to know that I can. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.