Calgary Digital Radio (753f) Radio IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi all,

I understand those of you on the new GRE scanners have the ability to key in radio IDs now (i.e. 705001 = 50 Rescue).

Is there any interest in me uploading my list of what I've figured out for the system? It's not 100% up to date (various fire/EMS units have swapped trucks/radios since I made the list, and a lot of the CPS and other agencies are just listed as "CPS radio" etc), but it might be neat for you.

I have a 162kb text file (tab separated list), which I can post like that or in a zipfile.

Let me know.

Oh by the way, Calgary EMS appears to be hovering between orange and red alerts. Cochrane EMS is responding to calls in the far NW of Calgary. I haven't been working for 2 tours because I have viral laryngitis which has K.O.'ed my voice.

electricsheep

I think I am going to have to break down and get me a GRE scanner now that it can do this... This has been something I have been wanting in a scanner for year.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Ok, here's what I have.

Calgary fire trucks have letter-number designators beside them. For example "01 Aerial A1192". The five-digit letter-number combination is called the "shop number" or vehicle ID. The letter denotes the type of vehicle, the first two numbers indicate the apparatus number, and the last two indicate the year. So A1192 is an Aerial, the 11th one in the fleet, put in service in 1992. E0107 is an Emergency, the first one in the fleet (but not necessarily the oldest - it's just a number for recordkeeping purposes), bought in 2007. TR0280 is the 2nd light-duty truck in the fleet, put in service in 1980. And all three of those are real world examples from the in-service fleet!! :)

Letters: A = Aerial, B = Boat, BU = Bus, C = Car, E = Emergency (basically means any box type truck - heavy rescue, air light, etc., are all emergencies as well), G = generator on trailer, P = pumper, SU = SUV, T = tanker, TL = trailer, TR = light-duty truck (bush buggy, haztec pickup, etc), V = van.

Calgary EMS has similar numbers, shown in my database after a slash.. i.e. Medic 304/11086 is the 3rd ambulance out of station 4, and is using truck number 11086. The EMS numbers don't follow any set numbering plan like Fire's do; they are just the property numbers as issued by City Fleets. They might be called 'car ID' or 'GX number' - the latter because the two-letter designation for most of the ambulance fleet is GX. (City Fleets numbers things with two letters and a numeric designation, so a street sweeper might be GJ2857, etc.)

Rockyview and other vehicles use asset numbers or EHS numbers (the health services' license number) where it's known.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.