Calgary Digital Radio - New Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Just a thought...

I agree that the new organization makes better sense, but now there's no mention of districts in the talkgroup list. Unless I'm missing something.

So someone new to the system would have no clue what talkgroup is dispatch for 8 district for example.

Good Point @smason,

On any given day CPS Talkgroup A2 is the dispatch for District 2 and District 3. Living in District 3, when I first got my scanner I parked it on A3 and nothing came though, it was later I found out it's because they only split up the channel if there is a major emergency.

No one file will ever have all the information for a new person, however if we keep the talkgroups set up in such a way that if someone wants to hear 'Law Dispatch' for Calgary, it works with minimum of knowledge of the system, and can be fine tuned by the features in todays modern scanners.

Also Radio Reference has a few Wiki pages for people to find out how a certain radio system is used:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Calgary_County_(AB)
This is where you can find information on Calgary Police codes, and a link to the MPDS codes that Calgary EMS and Fire use to dispatch.

Calgary Digital Radio - The RadioReference Wiki
Is a wiki for CDR that needs a little TLC. (If we had enough users upload what they have for Unit ID's everyone can benefit)

With the help of a friend who is with CFD I should have updates into @mciupa in a few hours

Last edited:

smason

I agree the dispatch TGs to districts aren't 100% consistent, so I guess it's probably fine as-is.
One can always enable all of the dispatch TGs and listen to figure out what's what.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the hard work updating the database @mciupa! It looks great and I'm sure in a week or two when the scanner database gets updated everyone will be shocked for a day or two, but scanners will be working a bit smoother.

You take such good care of us! Thanks for all you do @mciupa!!!!

mciupa

Thanks for the hard work updating the database @mciupa! It looks great and I'm sure in a week or two when the scanner database gets updated everyone will be shocked for a day or two, but scanners will be working a bit smoother.

You take such good care of us! Thanks for all you do @mciupa!!!!

You're welcome! :)

To quote John Lennon from the song Helter Skelter:

"I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS" :lol:

(Joking, of course) :wink:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I hate to critique a lot of hard work, but E8 (1072) appears to have disappeared and E10 COMMAND 2 (17072) has been mislabeled into the CAA group.

mciupa

No problem. Things should be good now.

Thanks for being a second set of eyes.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
I hate to critique a lot of hard work, but E8 (1072) appears to have disappeared and E10 COMMAND 2 (17072) has been mislabeled into the CAA group.

The E10 Command 2, CPS A15 Airport Detail, and a EMS Channel are all shared from the CAA radio setups as well, for quick connectivity for the responding services inside the terminal building.

The list of CAA frequencies were taken out of a CAA Dispatch radio

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
E9 thru E16 (or B9 thru B16 depending on whose radio you're holding) is supposed to be common system wide. Command 2 is definitely not a CAA exclusive tg and needs to be in the tri services group rather than elsewhere. Talkgroups should be grouped by purpose rather than where they are in any agencies' channel plan.

MrVelvet

Just a note for the Calgary listeners.

The Forest Lawn tower is reportedly down today - don't know the reason for the outage, whether it's a technical problem or something maintenance related.

Status
Not open for further replies.