Calgary Digital Radio - New Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Hello RR!

I was scanning yesterday and this morning and a new talk group kept coming up, even though its not in the database.

TGID 49168 and I think it's Calgary Airport Authority transmitting P25.

If someone hears it again, can you try to get the information and add it to the database?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I've been hearing what sounds like busing operations airside and maybe on the construction site too.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
On the morning of 2014 April 23, TGID 49456 were doing a lot of testing in the Airport Tunnell, with both digital and analog.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Right, I did see 1584 but did not associate it to analog. I learned how to count to 60 again though.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Ok, Mystery solved!

TGID 49168 was put in place by the Calgary Airport authority to assist moving busses from the Gate A1-8 (Lover level, used for the turbo prop aircraft like the Beech 350 and the pre Q400-Dash 8's) The walkway was removed to allow for the Jet Fuel and AvGas pipelines to be run to the new "International Terminal" The process was started on April 15, and will be in effect for the next 2 years at minimum. It's being dispatched by the Commissioners and it only affects the Air Canada 3rd party providers, like Central Mountain Air.

Air Canada is moving the Dash-8's that used to use that ramp to Vancouver, and will be staffing / basing the Dash 8 Q400's so they can hold more people (twice as many), and use other A gate ramps. (And better compete with WestJets's New regional airline)

It's amazing what information you can get with a bit of flirting... and buying coffee

P.S. I submitted the new TGID to Calgary Digital Radio and a huge thanks to @mciupa for putting it up there.

Last edited:

mciupa

Database Admin
P.S. I submitted the new TGID to Calgary Digital Radio and a huge thanks to @mciupa for putting it up there.

You are welcome. :)

While I reviewed the CDR trunk page this morning, I looked over the page and noticed that ENMAX talkgroups had service tags for Public Works. I changed them to Utilities so that was the change done today in case you are wondering.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
I was also able to get all the channel set-ups from the Calgary Airport Authority, They have been updated by @mciupa on the database.

Perhaps we can start a discussion on merging the CPS departments together. I have it setup on my scanner as 3 departments: CPS-Dispatch, CPS-Special Events, and CPS-Departments. It allows for a faster scan and actually makes sense when holding on departments. @Jay911 what would be your take as a fellow Emergency Service worker in Cgy?

Jay911

Feed Provider
That's essentially how I have my scanner set up. Breaking it up by district doesn't work well here since dispatch functions are routinely combined with one dispatcher handling 2 or 3 districts on one channel.

Jay911

Feed Provider
If you guys are going to be making changes, one I would suggest is adding the alphanumeric channel ID to all the Fire/EMS channels where it's not already shown (in the Description field). Users quite often refer to switching to "C4", "A11", etc., and the description field doesn't capture that info.

mciupa

Database Admin
If you guys are going to be making changes, one I would suggest is adding the alphanumeric channel ID to all the Fire/EMS channels where it's not already shown (in the Description field). Users quite often refer to switching to "C4", "A11", etc., and the description field doesn't capture that info.

Done :)

Command30

Air Canada is moving the Dash-8's that used to use that ramp to Vancouver, and will be staffing / basing the Dash 8 Q400's so they can hold more people (twice as many), and use other A gate ramps. (And better compete with WestJets's New regional airline)

This part doesn't make any sense to me. So instead of the walkway, the airport will be busing passengers to remote stands? And the Q400s will be using gates thus rendering the entire walkway/bus process obsolete, except for Kingairs or B1900s?

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Air Canada was using the Dash 8-100, -200, -300 for the Calgary - Edmonton trips, by changing them to the Q400 and using the Q400 for Fort Mac trips they can increase profit per trip. Air Canada still provides trips to Leathbridge and Medicine Hat that require the smaller aircraft.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
I have updated the talk group layout for Calgary Police Services, This is very close to how CPS's radios are laid out, and with service types set up correctly will allow for a very nice scanning experience.

Next up will be CFD and AHS

mciupa

Database Admin
I have updated the talk group layout for Calgary Police Services, This is very close to how CPS's radios are laid out, and with service types set up correctly will allow for a very nice scanning experience.

Next up will be CFD and AHS

Working on this.

So far, CPS Regular Service is done. The rest to follow as time permits :)

smason

Just a thought...

I agree that the new organization makes better sense, but now there's no mention of districts in the talkgroup list. Unless I'm missing something.

So someone new to the system would have no clue what talkgroup is dispatch for 8 district for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.