Calgary Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
Checked with a few more legit sources within CPS, who say they know nothing about encryption being launched this week.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Hey,

So I made this post after being told by 2 sources. Apparently it has not happened and the timeline is still fluid.

Apologies.

Phoenixgld

Is it just me or... Is it pretty quiet? Only comms I've picked up so far was B2 photo radar guys

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
So, looking back through my Unitrunker logs for today... with the exception of the odd unit here and there, CPS is ENCRYPTED

Last edited:

Phoenixgld

I was still listening at 4AM today....when I went to listen again this afternoon.. silence :(

smason

Hmm. :(
I heard an all-call for Hawc a few minutes ago but otherwise pretty quiet. Seeing a lot of this:

Attachments

• enc.JPG
    enc.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 426

CanadaUser

Hi. Avid listener, CPS switched to encrypted around 8 am this morning. Is there a scanner that would work for encryption? Thanks

technocardy

Hi. Avid listener, CPS switched to encrypted around 8 am this morning. Is there a scanner that would work for encryption? Thanks

Sadly no, no way to listen to a system once it goes encrypted.

Just turned the PD scanner on and saw that it keeps skipping the dispatch channels due to ENC. :(

technocardy

For what it’s worth I’ve been hearing some chatter on CPS mostly A10. Occasionally dispatch channels, but for the most part silence.

jloriginal

Premium Subscriber
calgary police

Yes your right. just spoke with a cps member. he says they have encrypted radios. they are doing a trial this week eventually will be encrypted full time. picking up A10 but no dispatch at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.