Calgary Fire Now has automated voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDMechanic

Has anyone else heard the automated dispatch for CFD on 2704 this morning. I wonder if this is a new TG that's going to be used for all dispatching of fire??

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if they bought the old Edmonton EMS voice lady. Now only Fire has the only one in Edmonton. They had been testing the second unit on Training 6 for a few weeks at the end of December.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
What I can say is that Cochrane and Rockyview County fire departments will be exploring Locution Cadvoice later this year with an 800 MHz (trunk) primary alerting path and 400 MHz (voice alerts freq) secondary alerting path.

Redwood will probably explore the option when Rockyview does.

Were you hearing the robot all day or just temporarily?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Past few weeks

I have heard this monotone [as in voice] testing as well but over the past few weeks. I believe it was before Christmas that I heard the first announcements. Sorry I have captured any frequency, ID numbers as it usually happens while I am working during the week and generally can only listen and not observe my scanner. It really wasn't an exciting thing, and there have been other posts about this automated voice, but not necessarily in Calgary. Must say I'm not a fan of it. Have only heard it for ? fire dispatch.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have heard this monotone [as in voice] testing as well but over the past few weeks. I believe it was before Christmas that I heard the first announcements. Sorry I have captured any frequency, ID numbers as it usually happens while I am working during the week and generally can only listen and not observe my scanner. It really wasn't an exciting thing, and there have been other posts about this automated voice, but not necessarily in Calgary. Must say I'm not a fan of it. Have only heard it for ? fire dispatch.

It is only 1 way radio. You can't talk to the system. It reads the information right off the dispatch screen.

The problem with fire/EMS dispatching is if you have several emergency calls to dispatch it will take two or three minutes which can make a difference in an emergency.

The benefit with the Locution system is that it can dispatch up to 20 runs simultaneously. This could be a life saver when seconds count.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Heard 2012 Jan. 9 2340 hours

Heard as stated above. First time I have heard it in evening.

MrVelvet

Wow, she talks a lot slower and in more complete sentences than Edmonton.

It uses phrases like, "You are responding for..." and "You are on zone..." - seems a little much.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Are you guys hearing this on a regular basis and on what channels? Trunk talkgroup or the 400 MHz voice alert channel?

Squad51

Premium Subscriber
CFD automated dispatch

Hey guys

Has anyone heard anymore automated dispatch calls ?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Anyone heard recently

Haven't heard the automated voice dispatch for a week or so. Mind you, I haven't heard much on 418.4875 in the same period. Only the odd voice for rural fire departments. Nothing for Calgary. Have not listened to 413.4875 so has there been automated voice on their?

MrVelvet

Yeah, it sounds like both simplex channels are only for Rural dispatch now.

Talkgroup 2704 has also been silent, so they've obviously moved the Locution voice to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.