Calgary Fire Station page frequencies..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a list of all CFD station pager frequencies? I have the digital frequencies/Talkgroups already,just need stations being paged out for the call. Also, what freqs or talkgroup are Calgary EMS using for giving patient reports to hospitals in Calgary are? I am new to Calgary and I have a RS Pro-96 radio and I would like to hear what is going on in Calgary.
Thanks!!!

HDMechanic

The fire pager frequncies are listed in the database under Calgary. The hospital patches talkgroups are also listed their under the Calgary Digital Radio in thr trunk section.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
CFD uses only two frequencies to transmit the "voice alerts" to the halls. They both carry the same information but cover different parts of the city (and area surrounding).

418.4875 is the main channel broadcast from Rotary Park, near downtown. It covers most of the city.

413.4875 is broadcast from Spy Hill, in the far far northwest. It covers the north edge of the city (which is "shadowed" from the main site by Nose Hill, mainly) and areas outside like Springbank and Balzac.

The actual tones heard in the hall, as well as the method used to select which halls get to hear the alerts, are done over a wired connection from dispatch to each station. So that part isn't monitorable.

Most of the EMS "hospital patch" stuff these days is done over cell phones and/or landline phones. In the rare case that a crew needs to talk to the hospital via radio, EMS channels A6 thru A9 are used. They are in the RRDB trunking section marked "Calgary Digital Radio System".

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Jay911 perhaps you could answer this. For a city the size of Calgary, there are not a lot of "voice alerts" that I hear. Is there a procedure when "voice alerts" are used? Have heard some alerts for serioius problems and others for rather minor problems. But on a daily basis, there does not seem to be the number of "voice alerts" one would expect.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Actually, the only time there would not be a voice alert would be when the trucks needed are already on the radio - in other words, fairly rarely. I think Calgary does about 150 calls per day.
Maybe voice "alerts" is a bit of a misnomer. It's used whenever a crew in a station is to be dispatched to a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.