Calgary Moto system 1222 (NextCom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

Just looking at Calgary Moto system 1222, the database record requests
help on the fleetmap. I can't monitor the system (obviously) but have some
ideas.

Block 0 appears to be Type 1 (336, 337,338). Individual Type 1 radios show
up as "talkgroups" but clustered together indicate a single TG (or a few). Can't
guess at the sizecode so may have to be found by trial/error. If possible, collect
as many radio IDs grouped together to give some idea of the block size.

Block 2 is definitely Type 1 for the same reasons (listed as sizecode F = S6).
By grouping/number of the radios (greater than 16 but less than 32) F could
well be right (wonder how it was arrived at though). Programming a scanner
or Trunker for a Type 1 block should report 202-2 for the radios 16960-16978;
TG 216-2 for radios 20544-20558. Again trial/error may be needed. What I've
seen over time is that subfleet 0 is seldom used (e.g. 202-0). If only one subfleet
is used it's usually 1 (e.g. 202-1) although not so in the above cases .

Dave

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi there,

Thanks for the input - I am running Unitrunker on the two Type IIi systems in town on an intermittent basis, trying to figure out what will work for a fleetmap. I have put as many talkgroups as possible in the DB, in their Type II equivalencies. Ultimately I'm going to use the wiki article on how to determine a Type I talkgroup/fleet map to sort things out.

I would think that the ones where Unitrunker shows a radio ID in addition to the talkgroup is a good indication that it's a Type II talkgroup. A lot of the talkgroups are still perplexing me, though - for example, on TAC Mobility 6904, all of the radios (for which I have radio ID values) for a certain entity broadcast on dec 81 talkgroup, and both halves of the conversation are heard there. That's dec 80+1, which is the ATG (all call) status bit. I don't get why a type II group would be set up to operate that way. Furthermore, I see Type II and Type I talkgroups within the same block, which also makes me shake my head. I don't get what the deal is.. and I'm hoping that in time I'll be able to figure the systems out. :)

Jay911

Feed Provider
Excuse me if this is old hat, but I found a tremendous spreadsheet that seems to show all possible Type I groups for the appropriate size codes. Once I get some figuring out done with who's on what TGs, I'll put them all through the spreadsheet to figure out which groups work out.

Last edited:

HDMechanic

I have a 396 and am wondering how to program this system into the scanner so that it will monitor both type 1 and 2 on this system. The other thing that cold be my probel is i dont understand how the system fleet map works and how to enter into the scanner. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I haven't identified all the type 1 groups on this system yet. What I've done with my 396 is put it in type 2 mode and live with the multiple TGID's per talkgroup. Once I figure out the type 1 talkgroups, I'll post them, and change my scanner programming accordingly.

Are you using the UASD programming software from Uniden? If so, we can exchange proramming files. PM me or reply here.

DaveH

Jay, what I can recommend is to program the Type I blocks with your best
guess (based on the grouping of RIDs) and see how it holds up. If you get
conversations apparently split over two or more TGs, the radios/group is
too small. If you get obvious multiple users showing up under the same
TG, the "block" is too large. Spreadsheets aside, all you need is the table
of sizecode breakdown. You may think a sizecode is right, because it works
with radios at present, only to find radios added later "break" it.

Then there are unused Type I blocks that you can't possible deduce the
sizecode for over the air, because there's nothing to go on. They may come
into use later (usually not the case, these type of systems are shrinking and
disappearing, if anything). There are sometimes limits on what can be done.

Dave

HDMechanic

Sorrry for not getting back to you Jay but i have been up to mu eyeballs in stuff. Im shure we all know what thats like. I am running the full version of ARC396 Pro to program and run my scanner while on the computer. I am not shure if i can open your programs with it. If you please let me know or post them and i will try them. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.