Calgary Police dispatch patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
Good day --

Are the CPS talkgroups routinely patched? If so -- are certain districts permanently patched together, or does it vary according to how busy it is?

Thanks!

masonb

CPS will get patched to PACS if needed, they also have 3 interop channels on CDR as well as HAWCS has a VHF for working with the RCMP outside of the city. Catching them working together is hit & miss, never a set time for crime

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I cannot say for sure. District 6 and 8 are on the same dispatch. If a major event is occuring in a District, patrol units not involved will be changed to another channel, but not patched. I'm not sure what is happening in North Calgary as their call signs have changed. If a District is following a stolen car for example, they will ask Dispatch to let other Districts know. Even though a District car is out of their District [in most cases as there is a lot of complaints of radios going digital], they still have radio coverage through out Calgary. As masonb states, the only true patch I have heard is when RCMP require a patch to a District in the City or vice versa.

MrVelvet

I've never heard 2 CPS channels patched together for anything.

As the other have stated, RCMP patches only.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
The Calgary City Police will patch with the RCMP ...
But as for districts ... they will Simulcast and join 2 talk groups into one.
they usually do that in the quiet hours when things are slow ... that way they only need 1 dispatcher instead of two.

Status
Not open for further replies.