Calgary updated Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ambulance2014

Hey Everybody just curious I was erasing some past forums and postings and seen that ( if jay 911 you can assist) that Jay awhile back replied to a thread about A user asked what there is to listen to in Calgary on conventional Frequencies. More to the point I saw that some frequencies listed year or two ago such as Taxis and Some conventional Tow company's still use some Conventional Frequencies. Problem is I do know most are on a trunked system but have not herd the following at all :

Associated Taxi 461.4875
AMA/CAA 142.955
City Wide Towing. 463.9125 / 861.2625

Also does anybody know in the Calgary Database if they have herd actual voice on the Alberta Health Services Paging Frequencies? Most of them are constant noise and one I sent but just wondering if anybody has herd actual voice paging on any of those frequencies I'm Calgary?

Any help would be great !

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I can't comment on the Associated Taxi as I seldom listen to them. The AMA frequency you list I cannot comment on as there is no listed license user in Alberta that is shown. The only license that shows up on a data search on IC for AMA is a frequency 165.99 in Lethbridge. A number of years ago, I believe AMA contracted out a lot of their tow services to other companies. They do have some trucks but I wonder if they are not dispatched through phones today. Not sure if they utilize CAD dispatches. I believe the AHS paging is generally now done with data or just transmit a phone number that one is to call. Or a voice mail is set up so that when one is paged you can dial in and get the message. For example if I do not want to leave a message I can key in my telephone number and have the person then call that number. Or if I want to leave a message, the pager will go off but will show the phone number belonging to that pager. The person than can retrieve the voice mail similar to how you receive one on a cell phone. So I believe the majority, if not all, is done without voice being transmitted over the air. Certainly, with leaving a voice message, one would not want this information to be broadcast over the air.

A

Ambulance2014

That makes sense I don't believe they use any CADs in there vehicles or least I don't presume they as I never have seen them inside the tow trucks. Was just curious Becuse Jay 911 posted it a couple years ago and was just curious to know if they were even being used anymore for those Services. I have attempted to monitor them on there conventional Frenqecy but NEVER have ever seen them even initiate contact via a Radio before. Same with a couple other cad Frenqencys in the Calgary Trnasportation section of the Database so how come they are in the database if they are not in use or are no longer being used? For example I don't believe associated taxi uses that frequency at all anymore ( just guessing) as I have never here them over a Scanner. The Ones I hear moistly is Mayfiar Cab and Advanced cabs/ Calgary Cabs Frenqencys.

The ones I have never herd are in Calgary:

Blacktop
Associated
Coop Taxi
Dev taxi Service

DX-300

Co-op Taxi appears to be exclusively data only now. I used to hear voice now I just hear data on that freq. The 2 cab companies I still hear using voice are Checker and Mayfair in my area, one I don't hear anymore at all on their conventional frequency is Advance Cab, as for Associated it seems they only use voice very occasionally so it is hard to tell if they have abandoned their voice freq, I guess one could park scanner recorder on it for a while and check it out after a day or two. I too have noticed the decline in voice used on the paging frequencies as well, from time to time I have checked to no avail.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Just to add to AHS paging. There is a standard phone number to dial into and then the person you want to page has a number that you input after the phone number. Then one inputs the number you want the paged person to call. Thus, no voice is utilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.