California Capital Airshow 2010 Mather Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaRell

Premium Subscriber
Just went to the California Capital Airshow at Mather Field today, and figured for those planning to go who are wanting the frequencies in use, that I would save someone a little work. And maybe next year they will be using the same ones, so here they are.

Airboss: 119.15
Discreet: 123.15
Patriots Demonstration team: 127.3

They also have the RoboSaurus there, the big car destroying fire breathing robot dragon thing, and using CloseCall I was able to find the frequency their crew was using, and that was 462.7125. Was just kind of fun listening to the lady on the ground telling the guy up in the things head where to maneuver keeping him from running over things and how wide to open the things jaw and where to hold the car in order to be able to bite it. Sometimes as he was maneuvering the massive thing on the taxi way it was "Stop, there is an airplane right behind you. Stop! STOP STOP STOP!!" ha ha the he would finally stop before doing any unwanted damage.

Sorry I have no clue what frequency the F22 was on. I tried to find it, but no luck.

It was a good airshow! Have fun!

LaRell

Premium Subscriber
Found the F-22 pilot on 376.0250

What scanner do you have? I recently bought the Uniden 346xt and was under the impression when I bought it that it could receive those 300mhz frequencies, but was quite dissappointed when I tried searching that band and discovered it did not cover that range. Since I live in a non digital area, I didn't feel like spending so much for the 396 which does cover 300mhz just for the digital capabiility that would very seldom be used. But now I have discovered the br330t that covers a lot more. I guess I should have researched it a little more before buying.

khooke

Just went to the California Capital Airshow at Mather Field today, and figured for those planning to go who are wanting the frequencies in use, that I would save someone a little work. And maybe next year they will be using the same ones, so here they are.

Airboss: 119.15
Discreet: 123.15
Patriots Demonstration team: 127.3

I took my scanner to the show today and thought I'd confirm if anyone's going tomorrow that they used these same frequencies.

First time I'd taken a radio to an airshow and it was fascinating listening in on the coordination between the airboss and each of the participants - it was actually more interesting than the show commentary over the PA.

mibzzer15

Yeah I started going there in the 2011 show. I happened to miss this year, I just didn't plan for it and only heard the dates this past friday. The past few years they have used the same frequencies, I would sit out in the parking lot with a buddy of mine and since he is a photographer, I would advise him where the planes are coming in and he would get some very good pictures.

LaRell

Premium Subscriber
Yep, I went today, and sure enough, all of those frequencies are still in use. Including the F-22 on 376.025 if you have a scanner capable of receiving that frequency.

LaRell

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I love taking my scanners to air shows. It's so fun to hear all the stuff you don't normally hear like the aircraft busting into the TFR.
I took my scanner to the show today and thought I'd confirm if anyone's going tomorrow that they used these same frequencies.

First time I'd taken a radio to an airshow and it was fascinating listening in on the coordination between the airboss and each of the participants - it was actually more interesting than the show commentary over the PA.

mibzzer15

Yeah, I love taking my scanners to air shows. It's so fun to hear all the stuff you don't normally hear like the aircraft busting into the TFR.

I think last year there were 2 aircrafts that went into the TFR area, and in 2011, there was a grass fire not too far away from the airport, so a CDF helicopter had to get clearance to operate in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.