California State Filings for Towers/Structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemmingspire

Hello All,
I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding any possible state filings required for antenna towers/structures built in the state of California. Does anybody have any information on this?
Thanks,
Tim

Radio_Lady

Hello All,
I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding any possible state filings required for antenna towers/structures built in the state of California. Does anybody have any information on this?
Thanks,
Tim
Welcome to the forums. Are you talking about regular two-way or broadcast radio antenna towers? If so, I'm not aware of any state filing requirements or recordkeeping, although local zoning and building/safety codes would probably kick in. And of course the FCC Antenna Registration System gets involved at a certain point.

If you are referring to WSPs, though, it seems to me there may be some notifications required to local PSAPs and/or the State 9-1-1 Advisory Board, but I'm real hazy about that as I only got involved with an issue very briefly several years ago.

Vague enough for you? Sorry I can't be of more help.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
To my knowledge its a local issue.
For instance in the City of Los Angeles the proposed case filings, hearing documents and approval or denial can be found in the city planning department webpage.

Hemmingspire

Thank you for the information. I'm referring to two-way antenna towers with this matter. I'm aware of local ordinances but was referring to something more equitable to the FAA's Notice of Proposed Construction requirements only on a statewide basis. Once again thanks for the reply!

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the information. I'm referring to two-way antenna towers with this matter. I'm aware of local ordinances but was referring to something more equitable to the FAA's Notice of Proposed Construction requirements only on a statewide basis. Once again thanks for the reply!

Communications Tower siting is within the purview of the FCC and FAA (from a Hazard to Aviation perspective), and local land use planners (from a land use and safety of installation perspective.) The only state organization with input into the process is the Coastal Commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.