California Wind Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio_Lady

LAFD Multiple veg & structure fires

LAFD is handling multiple veg & some structure fires, notably the "Campus IC" grass fire in the area of Occidental College in the Eagle Rock area; no structures or injuries reported in that mainly-grass fire, knocked down after 1 hr 45 mins. Companies having trouble reaching many fires due to trees and high-voltage wires down across streets and buildings.

As of now (01:45) most of the incidents are in the Highland Park & Eagle Rock areas in the northeast part of the city. As of 20:00 last evening, they had pre-deployed a number of "ready reserve" resources,

18 Engine Companies (400 series)
6 Brush Patrols
1 Battalion Command Team
1 Water Tender
1 Bulldozer Strike Team

Los Angeles City Fire Department Live Scanner Audio Feed

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/4.5.1_57_D2G-38) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Wind going nuts all over the SGV
Lots of down powerlines and trees. A car crushed in San Gabriel.
Verdugo and LACOFD busy!!!!
Blue 6 channel is getting slammed.

San Gabriel PD seem to have power problems with their station.

Public works and Edison is going to have fun today!

Last edited:

sparkdawg2002

LA County Fire is still getting slammed...

LA County Fire is still getting slammed with LOTS of wires down calls as well as pole fires, trees down, fire alarms going off due to power outages, etc. Heard Azusa PD dispatch advise units that the station was without power and on minimal back-up power and that they were having problems with their computers and 911 system.

-RF

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/4.5.1_57_D2G-38) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Still more calls again, down street lights, downed railroad arms, more wind and downed lines in San Gabriel. Shooting in Rosemead. 1 shot, details unknown.

Last edited:

sparkdawg2002

Channel 7 News is showing/reporting wide spread major damage and massive power outages, 200,000+ without power in Pasadena and Glendale alone. Also reporting wind gusts up to 80+ MPH - WHOA!! My daughter just called and power is out in her Glendora neighborhood. Luckily she's got a handheld scanner that I gave her :) so she can still listen in.

Anyway, a few structure fires heard earlier including one in Irwindale and one El Monte. Power was also knocked out at LAX around 7pm last night. for about an hour. Long delays for incoming and outgoing flights

Check out the Edison's Map of Current Outages, I've never seen it so populated with outages ---> Map of Current Outages

I live in Canyon Lake (Riverside County) and winds have been light all night. Just went outside and wind is still light out here. Any way, stay safe everyone.

-RF

sparkdawg2002 said:
Channel 7 News is showing/reporting wide spread major damage and massive power outages, 200,000+ without power in Pasadena and Glendale alone. Also reporting wind gusts up to 80+ MPH - WHOA!! My daughter just called and power is out in her Glendora neighborhood. Luckily she's got a handheld scanner that I gave her :) so she can still listen in.

Anyway, a few structure fires heard earlier including one in Irwindale and one El Monte. Power was also knocked out at LAX around 7pm last night. for about an hour. Long delays for incoming and outgoing flights

Check out the Edison's Map of Current Outages, I've never seen it so populated with outages - Map of Current Outages

I live in Canyon Lake (Riverside County) and winds have been light all night. Just went outside and wind is still light out here. Any way, stay safe everyone.

-RF

Good thing you gave her the scanner. It definitely helps in these situations.

I got no power, thank goodness for the internet on the cell phone. Although I'm surprised that the towers are OK.

Last edited:

sparkdawg2002

nfd24norf

No Problem

No problem, just wish they would move stream to RR so more people could utilize it!! Yeah I heard that also not sure what it means either , I am on east coast and have been listening to la city and the county for about 2 hours now , great listening and non-stop action, hope you guys stay safe waaaaaayyyyy over there:>))

Sonar

I got no power, thank goodness for the internet on the cell phone. Although I'm surprised that the towers are OK.

My friend in Monrovia says he has a very weak cell signal and that his data is on Edge. I think all the towers near him are out and his cell phone is linking to a tower farther away.

landonjensen

My friend in Monrovia says he has a very weak cell signal and that his data is on Edge. I think all the towers near him are out and his cell phone is linking to a tower farther away.

My phone battery is getting slammed all day long in Arcadia... No signal / 3G on my iPhone.

Pasadena had 2 working structure fires last night.

Last edited:

Verizon over here
Still working good even though I'm in the dark. I saw that AT&T put out generators for their Uverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.