call for help - Lancaster County conventional frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought as I see it happen all the time but a lot agencies will keep old analog, vhf or uhf and low licenses as fall back or cache use. I don't know why rr always removes them. Same happened to my area.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Just a thought as I see it happen all the time but a lot agencies will keep old analog, vhf or uhf and low licenses as fall back or cache use. I don't know why rr always removes them. Same happened to my area.

I'm not removing most of the old stuff. I am just reorganizing things so the page meets the database layout standard a little better.
Much of the lowband stuff is set to deprecated, yes. The county lowband is no longer in service. The old county police repeaters are also gone, as far as I know. If/when we can confirm that equipment is pulled, we delete the old frequencies. Otherwise, they should be kept and annotated. I know my old fire company's lowband stuff was gone long before the license expired when we migrated to the county TRS in my home county. When a fire company had lowband for the county and then their own VHF or UHF for either crossband or fireground ops, the lowband most likely isn't surviving the transition since they've already got other conventional channels to utilize locally. Many departments don't make an effort to cancel old licenses, just as some continue to operate on frequencies long after licenses are expired. This is why I am hoping for more feedback from local folks in the know. My contacts with emergency services folks in Lancaster County are only going to get me confirmation for a handful of agencies.

In transitions like this, we really need to rely on local feedback to make accurate updates. I will agree that yes, there can be premature removal of frequencies from the database in some areas. I've seen it elsewhere and I am trying to avoid that here.

Rishayan

@HM1529

Yes, I believe it to be some sort of urban security town watch type group.....I am unable to receive that frequency from my current location to pay more attention as to what they talking about, but as I pass by Lancaster frequently on the train on my way to Philly, I know that the repeater is still active as I have recently heard brief transmissions on it, but not enough to fully grasp it's use.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Just thought, I'd let you guys know that I just submitted a frequency to the DB that multicasts TG 2005. (Fire/EMS Dispatch B (Northeast)

453.1625 PL 141.3 WQJY507

The license comes back to the Bird in Hand Fire Company and the signal was VERY strong in that area.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Can anyone get a tone on 156.240 for Fulton Township? There are four licensed users listed on the DB page with this frequency. Fulton is the only one with no tone info.

The frequency is also licensed to Clay Twp, but we have no submitted confirmation of them using it.

u2brent

OAMPT
Can anyone get a tone on 156.240 for Fulton Township? There are four licensed users listed on the DB page with this frequency. Fulton is the only one with no tone info.

The frequency is also licensed to Clay Twp, but we have no submitted confirmation of them using it.

Stand by, the tone submitted for Drumore may actually be Fulton's or it's possible both are the same.
I will need to monitor the frequency more to be sure..
(Little Britain, Fulton, Drumore) They all share boundaries and join together for summer road work projects. (No accident they all have the same frequency) Need more snow storms to bring out the twp plows to get some activity. (y)
Unless there's somebody else that can confirm it first..

Is West Caln still using the expired license in Chester County?
I'm still getting 186.2 frequently, with all the scratchy audio, discerning users is almost as impossible as ENC.
All these have been received in the Solanco area..

West Caln Twp PW 1 156.240 C186.2 WNAV277 Expired
West Caln Twp PW 2 156.240 C91.5 WNAV277 Expired
Aston Twp PD Car-To-Car 156.240 C91.5 WPMM215
Fulton Twp 156.240 D413 KNAK735
Little Britain Twp 156.240 D743 KNAS769
Drumore Twp 156.240 CSQ?/D413? KNAL298

can't speak for these..
Clay Twp 156.240 CSQ?/SRCH? WPGM953
Conoy Twp 156.240 C71.9 KNBG332

u2brent

OAMPT
Still don't know the answer to the Fulton/Drumore/Little Britain riddle, but can confirm 186.2 is W Caln. (y)

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Still don't know the answer to the Fulton/Drumore/Little Britain riddle, but can confirm 186.2 is W Caln. (y)

I'm going to guess that the listing for W Caln also using 91.5 is erroneous since Aston Twp uses that PL? But, I digress. After all, that's not Lancaster Co. I don't want to derail my own thread.

u2brent

OAMPT
Can confirm (after this snow) that this is correct!! (y)

Fulton Twp 156.240 D413 KNAK735

Will continue listening for any additional changes.. :)
Drumore may be the same D413 (as is posted)..

Safe to say, This should be removed..
West Caln Twp PW 2 156.240 C91.5 WNAV277 Expired

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
I picked this new one up today, others closer may want to check and verify..

Providence Twp 159.135 C103.5 WQD399

:)

u2brent

OAMPT
FYI.
These are some others worth giving a listen for activity.. :unsure:

Eden Twp 154.65 WPMR622 Expired
Strasburg Twp 155.865 KNID206
Paradise Twp 159.195 KNFK669

Status
Not open for further replies.