Call Sign in dB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaLa

Wasn't sure if I should post this in the regional forum or not.

I would submit a change to the DB, but I don't know the correct one.

Browsing around on the FCC site.
I searched for WPBK868
St. Robert Mo PD

It states that the license is expired.
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1231217

I looked around for other entries in the FCC DB, but couldn't find another license for St. Robert Mo, that has 153.86 or 158.82 listed.

I figured I'd call up the PD and ask what their call sign was.
To my shocking suprise she told me she didn't know what I was talking about.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
You need to call JACK FINCHER @ (314)336-3358 or look in DRAWER H of SAINT ROBERT, CITY OF for the status of the call sign. :twisted: :) Though FCC pages are somewhat useful, many are not up to date nor do they always reflect the true use by the end user.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Not sure what exactly your asking here but...

The license appears to simply just be expired, never renewed and they have not filed for another license yet.

I would suggest that you contact the PD again, or the chief and let them know their call sign for their repeater that they are using expired in January 2003.

Tell them "They could be at risk of losing their freqeuncy, due to another nearby agency becoming legally licensed for it by a frequency coordinator and the FCC". This will hopefully entice them to re-license. (lose it as it have a lot of interference.)

You would be amazed at the number of Public Safety agencies that are operating on expired licenses, many expired for over 10 years. And many operating base stations on frequencies they have never been licensed for.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
fmon said:
Though FCC pages are somewhat useful, many are not up to date nor do they always reflect the true use by the end user.
Whereas it is true that the FCC database may not reflect the true use by the end user, it is a fact that whatever the FCC database says is the true situation. Anything else is incorrect. That is because they are the licensing authority, so what they have is what is. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.