• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Calling CQ for RR Hams

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

Hi there everyone... Someone on here started a "who on here is a ham" thread a while back, and it has several pages of response from the members of this forum who are licensed amateurs. Someone mentioned starting a net, and actually I had already made a discussion about doing that on the HF forum some time back, with pretty positive response. But not from as many hams that said they were on this forum.

My guess is many might not of realized this thread exsisted...

Well for those who have General or higher and can operate on 40 meters, I'm starting a round-table style net for Radio Reference members with the first net beginning this Saturday the 12th of August at 08:00 Central Standard Time. The frequency is 7.285.0 kHz LSB (+/- 10khz for QRN). Feel free to tune in and check in.

Those who don't have ham tickets, or don't allow you to transmit down there I encourage you all to tune in and listen if you have the ability. I'll also be on the forum at the time of the net to monitor any posts related to the net.

The thread started for this net is here:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?p=339424#post339424

Hope to hear from you on Saturday morning....

Jimmy

Last edited:

nexus

Hey Thunderbolt... I think it'll be fun. If nothing else challenging. Hope you're able to join in.

AG4WI

It seems that a get together on Echo Link or EQSO would let more hams join in. You don't have to be General and above.
If you have not used either of these programs yet here are the links! To use Eqso you don't even have to have a ham ticket! Lots of SWL's get on but they cannot use a link with a callsign on it.

http://www.echolink.org/

Eqso.org

Last edited:

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I'll be there. I think we would find there to be a limited number of check in's due to not many having HF priviledges. I've seen the same thing with the hamsexy nets happen but hey, it's worth a try.

nexus

I'm fully aware of echolink and have a node, but I am trying to get something going on HF because I never get to use HF that often, and I know it's not fair to the ones on here who don't have HF or don't have priv. to operate, but maybe that would be incentive to upgrade. If you want to do a net on echolink then by all means start one. As for my goal, it's specificially to just get however many RR hams on the air as possible. HF is the mode of communication.

So hopefully I'll hear some of you in the morning at 8 AM CST on 7285.0 mHz Just listen for KB5FSV and say hi.

Last edited:

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Hmmm, no one is around......
Hearing some nice racial observations / comments on 7290 though....

nexus

Sorry,

This morning on the way home from work I had a blow out on the interstate and I didn't get home until nearly 10 AM, and this was at 7 AM. So I completely missed the time I had set. By the time I got home some YL was running a net on frequency. We'll have to try for another time.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I was on at about 7:45 for about an hour and there are allot of nets -/+ 10 KHz. A bit later in the morning would be a bit better. Let's shoot for next Saturday 10 am?

N1508J

Just saw the post today...August 13, a day late and a dollar short! Since I missed the net yesterday, I will try for next week even though there was no firm schedule implied. However, I suggest we go with UTC time (zulu). I have found there are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't. I obviously being one of them, can get mixed up with Central time, Pacific time, Eastern Standard time, Daylight Savings time, Dinner time, Supper time, Bed time, Etc. So, barring my forgett'in when git up time is, I'll try to join in next Saturday August 19, at 1300 UTC on 7.285 kHz LSB (+/- 10khz QRN). 73's till then. de .-- ...-- .-. ... .-..

nexus

Here is another suggestion. Since there are so many nets on 40 meters, including the freq I picked out, if a net is going on, or if the conditions aren't good enough, the alternate freq will be 14.255.0 khz, I agree, there are a lot of nets around 8am cst. So lets try moving it up to 1500 UTC on Saturday.

So Primary is 7.285.0 and Alternate is 14.255.0 1500 UTC 19 AUG 06

And if anyone will be around in the morning (monday) I'll be on 7251.0 for the SouthCars Net, and will be more than happy to take a contact from any one here. That net will be at 1300 UTC.

Last edited:

nexus

Reminder....

RadioReference round-table net tomorrow (Sat) morning at 1500 UTC (10AM Central) on
7285.0 LSB. If you don't hear anything or if a net is in use tune to alternate 14.255.0 USB

UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! 7285.0 has someone running CW on it, and heard a net earlier. 7288.0 is free of interference so the net will be on 7288.0 mHz

Last edited:

nexus

Hope to see you on there Dave. If not I'm sure we'll find eachother on OMISS net. I need MO for the OMISS WAS award. Do you have an OMISS #?

ab3ai

Just read the post today (8-19) I can't make the net today. But I'll try and make it for next weekend. until then........................................

nexus

ab3ai said:
Just read the post today (8-19) I can't make the net today. But I'll try and make it for next weekend. until then........................................
Sorry to hear you can't make it... Well the freq is changing once again, someone is running CW on it and there is interference from the side. I found 7288.0 to be quiet so I'll be calling for members on 7288.0

Status
Not open for further replies.