Callsign "Boys Club"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooligan

It was likely a tactical callword, used for a brief, specific time period.

While it *could* have been your neighbor playing around with a 10-milliwatt transmitter, the likely guess is that it was an E-6B or perhaps an E-4B airborne command post aircraft up within a couple hundred miles of you, broadcasting a coded message to one or more air, land or sea-based stations.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
It was likely a tactical callword, used for a brief, specific time period.

While it *could* have been your neighbor playing around with a 10-milliwatt transmitter, the likely guess is that it was an E-6B or perhaps an E-4B airborne command post aircraft up within a couple hundred miles of you, broadcasting a coded message to one or more air, land or sea-based stations.

Haaa! Boys Club, eh?! I've also heard the E-6 use "Brokeback" as a call sign! Wonder what really goes on up there when they're flying?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
I can assure you it was not neighbor playing around with a 10-milliwatt transmitter. And I did not miss hear the call sign. I agree it could be tactical call. ;)

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber

According to the IFR Enroute Supplement it is assigned to Command Post's
at Seymore Johnson AFB and that I believe is in eastern NC.

Mil

db_gain

Likely an e6b rather than e4b, the e4s only fly a few days a month and I think the e6s have a base down there in your region. 311MHz is stratcom's primary command post freq nationwide, 321 is secondary iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.