Callsign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troop

I'm surprised nobody's asked yet but...

3 Nora ## cars are assigned to Weld county. It's a Accident Prevention Team made up of troopers from 3A and 3C

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Accident prevention- BADLY NEEDED THERE!

Troop said:
I'm surprised nobody's asked yet but...

3 Nora ## cars are assigned to Weld county. It's a Accident Prevention Team made up of troopers from 3A and 3C

I haven't heard them yet (or didn't notice).

I sure hope they can help. For some reason stopsigns in Weld County are invisible to some folks.

bwilborn

Yeah, they'll stay busy in Weld. Just put 'em anywhere on I-25 in the construction zone between Longmont and Dacono, and on US34 between Loveland and Greeley.

-- B

Troop

it's a district to district decision, back in the late 80's early 90's there was roaming team, like the motor team that went from district to district working problem areas for a week

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I was driving up I-25 yesterday to Fort Collins when they are watching from the air does this have anything to do with the Nora units. It was kinda interesting to listen to them, flying around in a cesna radioing to ground units(4-5 of them).

RodStrong

osoklrs said:
I was driving up I-25 yesterday to Fort Collins when they are watching from the air does this have anything to do with the Nora units. It was kinda interesting to listen to them, flying around in a cesna radioing to ground units(4-5 of them).

Probably just a routine team op. Just out of curiosity, what frequency were they using?

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
State 3 154.905 is what I hear most of the time for air born ops, sometimes one of the old VHF tac's.

Jim<

RodStrong

jimmnn said:
State 3 154.905 is what I hear most of the time for air born ops, sometimes one of the old VHF tac's. Jim<

They do all the air "speed trap" operations over here on state 3 as well. Can't do them on DTR, so that makes sense.

I always wondered why they never try to do them on one of the simplex 800 freqs. Maybe it works better on state 3 since dispatch and feasibly surrounding agencies who still have VHF can hear them. I guess the plane just identifies customers and talks to the cars via state 3, and they then use their DTR radios to call in the stops, clearances, etc.

Last edited:

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Air ops

RodStrong said:
They do all the air "speed trap" operations over here on state 3 as well. Can't do them on DTR, so that makes sense.

I always wondered why they never try to do them on one of the simplex 800 freqs. Maybe it works better on state 3 since dispatch and feasibly surrounding agencies who still have VHF can hear them. I guess the plane just identifies customers and talks to the cars via state 3, and they then use their DTR radios to call in the stops, clearances, etc.

About 3 days ago I heard an air op being set up on Co 119. Instructions to the new guys were how to set their DTRS radios to ITAC. Sounds like maybe air ops could be on ITAC sometimes in the future.

Troop

RodStrong said:

come on...hard to call it a speed trap when the entire stretch of road is 75, 65, or 55...save the speed trap calling for roads that go from 65 to 25...

and yes most of the ops are done on either State 3 or a car to car ch. 10-75s, 27,28s are ran on the main troop ch.

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
RodStrong said:
Can't do them on DTR, so that makes sense.

I've heard them on "CSP Statewide" on the DTRS running air-ground speed enforcement ops. In addition I've heard them on the rebanded I-Tac channels as well.

kc0kp

datainmotion said:
I've heard them on "CSP Statewide" on the DTRS running air-ground speed enforcement ops. In addition I've heard them on the rebanded I-Tac channels as well.
What talk group is that? The only statewide channel I see is MAC 21 on DTRS. As it is against CCNC rules for airborne DTRS through repeaters, was it on a simplex channel?
I hear them all the time on State 3 on VHF.
They could use the repeaters on ICALL/ITAC since CCNC rules do not govern them.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
kc0kp said:
As it is against CCNC rules for airborne DTRS through repeaters,
Slightly off the track here.....

I wonder how Colorado Springs PD is going to react when they are informed that they can no longer have their helicopters on their TG's when control of their current system is turned over to the CCNC folks?

This could get interesting.

Phil.

RodStrong

Troop said:
come on...hard to call it a speed trap when the entire stretch of road is 75, 65, or 55...save the speed trap calling for roads that go from 65 to 25....

My bad. I meant to say "diligent traffic enforcement" operations. I need to clean up my language.

And I agree with kc0kp, I wouldn't think CSP should be doing air-ground ops on MAC 21. That would probably be frowned upon by the DTR head honchos.

Status
Not open for further replies.