Calpine Propane Tank Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I am getting info on a large propane tank explosion in the town of Calpine in Sierra County. All I have right now is that people can hear explosions as far away as downtown Truckee (about 30+ miles away) and CHP units from Auburn are responding. I called the Sierra Sheriff dispatcher and she said she is trying to get all the help she can to respond. I do not have info on injuries but I do know they have fire in some tree tops per the CHP CAD log. Anyone have access to scanner traffic from that area?, on line feed?

Incident: 1564 Type: Fire Location: CALPINE ThomasBrothers: 6396 2F info as of: 7/12/2008 7:48:11 PM
ADDITIONAL DETAILS
7:30PM S2 WILL DIRECT 23 C2C AS TO WHERE TO GO
7:30PM S2 REQS 23 ASSIST SSO W/1184
7:26PM S2 ON GRY NORTHERN-WILL ADVS ON A CP
7:08PM **** MAP PAGE 45 C-5 FOR LINE 5 1020 ****
7:01PM HAVE GRAVE UNIRS COVER FREEWAY WHEN 108
7:01PM 80-S2 REQS 23 RESP ASAP
6:59PM UNK SPECFICS YET
6:59PM PROPANE TANK DID EXPLODE AND THEY NOW HAVE A FIRE
6:59PM PER SCSO THEY NEED ALL THE HELP THEY CAN GET
6:57PM PER SCSO ADV WILL LET US KNOW IF THEY NEED ASSIST
6:56PM COATS AVE AT MAIN IN CALPINE PER SCSO
6:56PM PROPANE TANK EXPLOSION W/ TREETOP FIRE
6:56PM 80-S2 REQS ASC IF THEY ARE REQ ANY CHP ASSIST
6:56PM S2 HEARING BITS/PIECES ON SCANNER
6:55PM POSS PROPANE TANK FIRE/EXPLOSION
RESPONDING OFFICERS STATUS
7:42PM CHP Unit On Scene
7:44PM CHP Unit On Scene

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Per Misty at the Sierra Valley Lodge two tanks exploded causing damage to a house and some other property. They also had a few spot fires in the trees that have been put out. She said no one was injured but the owner of the house is very upset. Said sheriff and fire units are on scene and seem to have the situation under control but said it was scary for a while. Sierra County sheriff and USFS are working the call. Sierra Sheriff is not being very helpful and I have a call into Ann Westling with USFS to see what info she can get me.

Status
Not open for further replies.