CalTrans Dist.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

usfsengine

Hello all. I'm planning a trip to Alturas, CA. Yippee! (LOL) I would like to scan CalTrans for highway/weather Obs. I saw that they have primary commo. on the 800 MHZ, but also saw they still use the VHF Lo band system according the the RR database. Is this still true? If it is what are the freqs. for the Lo Band system? I will travel from Tulelake, Aiden and Alturas.Thanks in advance. Have a safe and full-filled turkey day. Gobble! Gobble!

usfsengine

Those are eaiser to find. They only have the one system. VHF Lo correct. I saw that CalTrans might still be using the Lo system too?

whiskeytango

Primary Ops are on Low Band VHF - from the caltrans db page, caltrans dispatch for lassen area is 47.10. yea chp is vhf, but looking at the caltrans db page its all 800 freqs in the uhf spectrum. if youre trying to stay ahead of whats goin down on the highways CHP is, in my opinion, better to listen to

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
around susanville 800 isnt hardly used at all
dont know about farther north but whiskey seems to have it down good

and chp always trumps everything i rarely listen to caltrans because it's almost always just maintenance stuff

whiskeytango

my gf's fam has a house at lake almanor, near susanville, i programmed the local sheriffs and chp freq.s, keeps you informed pretty well... not a lot goin on out there tho if you know what i mean

Status
Not open for further replies.