CalTrans Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Please bear with me during updates to CalTrans information contained in the database. I received a significant amount of fleetmap info for the entire state and I have been in the process of updating. Could take another week or so.

Thanks for your understanding.

kma371

QRT
OK had some extra time tonight and I believe I got it all transferred over. They are transitioning to a VoteScan system in some of the districts. When a user keys up, it picks the best repeater to use for their particular area. You will notice the inputs are all the same even though they should be -45.0 offset for these particular repeaters. I'm assuming this is to activate the main repeater, which then would select the best sub repeater. I'm sure someone can explain it way better than me but that's just the easy to understand explanation.

The new VOTESCAN repeaters are listed as "VS" in the alpha tags and VS# is the different repeaters under that main repeater. Example:

SONORA VS
SONORA VS1
SONORA VS2

Also several talkgroups in the new CALTRANS P25 trunked system were updated as well.

I'll need some help with some of the abbreviations for the districts I'm not familiar with. Unfortunately, the file I received did not have a guide for the locations, so if you recognize the alpha tag, and there is no description listed, that means I couldn't figure it out. Please submit it to the database and I will update it as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

kma371

QRT
Caltrans p25 Orange County dist 12 description update needed

TOLRODA. Toll roads A

TOLRODB. Toll roads B

Thank you but please submit to the database so I can keep track of the updates. I don't always see all posts in threads.

kma371

QRT
Sorry, I meant would I hear useful info when driving, or is it mainly just used for worksite communication?

Both. Sometimes road closure info is discussed and sometimes it's just flagmen directing lane closures.

I finally heard San Luis district 5 talking to DC techs on the 800mhz on Toro for the first time. They finally going to switch over to 800mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.