Calvert City

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkimPappa

Hello, I'm trying to program stations into the RadioShack Pro-95.
The Marshall County Sheriff channel info states,
158.79000 WQCK979 RM 790 NAC Mrshl SO F-1 Marshall Co Sheriff - Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch

159.15000 WQCK979 RM 91.5 PL Mrshl SO F-1 Marshall Co Sheriff - Dispatch FM Deprecated

So I put 158.79 into bank1 channel 00 as MOT mode. The only thing I hear is buzzing and noises.
I'm trying to setup a work emergency scanner for industrial complex problems.

I'm reading the manual and going through this and I know the database says p25, but the channel lists on the scanner as FM, I cannot get it to show up as p25. I would be happy to meet up with someone local that may be able to help me figure out what i'm doing wrong, or work with someone on here.

RonnieUSA

Hello, I'm trying to program stations into the RadioShack Pro-95.
The Marshall County Sheriff channel info states,
158.79000 WQCK979 RM 790 NAC Mrshl SO F-1 Marshall Co Sheriff - Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch

159.15000 WQCK979 RM 91.5 PL Mrshl SO F-1 Marshall Co Sheriff - Dispatch FM Deprecated

So I put 158.79 into bank1 channel 00 as MOT mode. The only thing I hear is buzzing and noises.
I'm trying to setup a work emergency scanner for industrial complex problems.

I'm reading the manual and going through this and I know the database says p25, but the channel lists on the scanner as FM, I cannot get it to show up as p25. I would be happy to meet up with someone local that may be able to help me figure out what i'm doing wrong, or work with someone on here.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
The first frequency You have list is a P25 frequency, and the scanner can not decode it because it's digital.
The second one is listed as old, and not used any more.
You will need a digital scanner to be able to listen.
This page may help You >>> Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

SkimPappa

Thanks very much. I think we may have purchased the wrong scanner for work. I've been trying to follow all of this but things have changed so much from back when I used to listen during tornados.

Status
Not open for further replies.