Calvert County New P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
We've been tracking what is learned/known about new systems here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma...jurisdictions-planning-new-radio-systems.html

I saw some license updates/approvals mid/late last year - 800mhz license(s) authorized for P25 Phase 1 and Phase 2.

The article you cited says they are doubling the number of towers and construction of those additional towers will not be done til the end of this year. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean alot unless you trust everything you see in the press... Even then, I believe when St. Mary's County cutover to P25 several years ago, they only had half of their (required?) towers in place so...........

Last edited:

KC3UYF

Premium Subscriber
We've been tracking what is learned/known about new systems here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma...jurisdictions-planning-new-radio-systems.html

I saw some license updates/approvals mid/late last year - 800mhz license(s) authorized for P25 Phase 1 and Phase 2.

The article you cited says they are doubling the number of towers and construction of those additional towers will not be done til the end of this year. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean alot unless you trust everything you see in the press... Even then, I believe when St. Mary's County cutover to P25 several years ago, they only had half of their (required?) towers in place so...........

It was close to half in St. Mary's (6 of the designed 13). Hopefully St. Mary's will have all 13 on line soon!

maus92

Premium Subscriber
A bit off-topic, but the Calvert County Sheriff's Office has been featured on A&Es "Live PD" broadcasts over the past two weekends.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I forgot to mention that an MSP Trooper was assisting on a call. His portable radio was clearly VHF - I haven't seen one of those for a while... I guess Calvert's TRS doesn't have enough frequencies / talkpaths to support the MSP? There is a TG for MSP Prince Frederick. Hmm.

Also, the sheriff's deputies have the gear - pretty heavy duty vehicles, vests and fatigues. Maybe the deputies that get assigned to the "Live PD" are a special unit of some kind?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.