Calvert on EMRC in Montgomery..

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Hi
Around 0415 was listing to Montgomery and around 0415 on 72C that Montgomery uses to contact EMRC I heard Calvert calling EMRC which is very very strange since I usually only hear EMRC talking. First of all EMRC replyed ah who is this again?? and then what unit are you transmitting from and what is your ID number. Once the Calvert unit replied to EMRC and request the hospital patch again for Calvert Memorial for a cardiac event. EMRC replied and they even apologized to Calvert as well. But what is really strange about it is hearing the Calvert unit in the first place... Things that make you go hmmm

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Calvert and Montgomery are both Region 5 counties that are preassigned to use MED Call 2D to contact EMRC. If Montgomery's tg 72C is a patch to MED Call 2D, then one could certainly hear a Calvert unit requesting Calvert Memorial on MED Call 2D / Ch. 120. Not sure if Calvert's Smartnet system has patches to MED channels.

Mr_Boh

72C, 72D, 72E are patched with EMRC directly. While you won't hear the units from PG and Frederick, you will hear EMRC give them their consult frequency/talkgroup. If you just scan 72C, you may just hear "Med A, Med Alpha, Med Alpha" which is not a Montgomery consult talkgroup.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
72C, 72D, 72E are patched with EMRC directly. While you won't hear the units from PG and Frederick, you will hear EMRC give them their consult frequency/talkgroup. If you just scan 72C, you may just hear "Med A, Med Alpha, Med Alpha" which is not a Montgomery consult talkgroup.
Which makes it very unusual to hear the Calvert Unit on 72C talking with EMRC to begin with. I wonder if EMRC was doing some type of testing at that hour or they had everything consolidated into one dispatch station at that hour of the morning....

Mr_Boh

Quite possible with Calvert converting to P25 and likely patching in EMRC the way their neighbors have for a while. I don't think their Type II analog system had the patches and they were reliant on old statewide UHF (but that information may be wrong at this point because it's been a while for me)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I don't see any MED tgs on Calvert's current system. Maybe they will be added into the new system when it come online later this year.

Are the UHF MED channels still full duplex? I would assume that even when using an 800 MED tg, that the UHF infrastructure is still functioning, so a field unit in Calvert would hear EMRC talking to the unit in Montgomery, and the Montgomery unit would hear them talking to a Calvert unit. You should not be hearing a field unit in Calvert talking unless there is some sort of audio channel bridged in - unless the MED channels are have some sort of half-duplex mode.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I don't see any MED tgs on Calvert's current system. Maybe they will be added into the new system when it come online later this year.

Are the UHF MED channels still full duplex? I would assume that even when using an 800 MED tg, that the UHF infrastructure is still functioning, so a field unit in Calvert would hear EMRC talking to the unit in Montgomery, and the Montgomery unit would hear them talking to a Calvert unit. You should not be hearing a field unit in Calvert talking unless there is some sort of audio channel bridged in - unless the MED channels are have some sort of half-duplex mode.
I agree with you and I should not be hearing a Calvert unit in the field talking to EMRC to begin with. I do hear EMRC taking to PG County units all the time telling them to switch to Med Alpha channel all the time since PG is next door so to speak and once in a while I will hear them talking to Fredrick and Howard as well but that's it. Hearing them talk to the Calvert and Calvert reply back to them makes it very interesting to say the least..

Status
Not open for further replies.