Cambridge CACC - Possible changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchowan

Premium Subscriber
It seems Cambridge CACC has moved from using Cambridge North (TG 35488) and Cambridge South (TG 35504) as Dispatch channels to Patch/TAC channels instead, and using Cambridge TAC 1, 2 and 3 (TGs 35520, 35536 and 35552 respectively) as Dispatch instead (although TAC 3 rarely/if at all).

It seems that since they've made this change, there are no longer any dispatches for ambulance calls in Dufferin County showing up on any TAC channels, whereas all Dufferin County calls used to get dispatched on Cambridge North. This is from my experience based on living in the coverage area for Cedarwoods and Woodlawn towers. Had not heard any other calls while being in Kimberly, Primrose, or Ballinafad tower areas either.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this change/has figured out what the goal is/which CACC or TG is now handling Dufferin County calls at all? Did not hear Dufferin calls being dispatched from London or Georgian CACC so I figure those are out. Only other thought is Peel, however haven't heard much on that end either.

Any thoughts are appreciated :)

highstupid

Banned
I spoke with an EMT and yes 100% North/South are now for patches. It seems as though TAC 1&2 are for KW and TAC 3 is for Wellington Dufferin. I have heard calls for Dufferin on TAC 3 though very uncommon as there isn't many calls there to begin with.

The EMT told me this is for load balancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bchowan

Premium Subscriber
Makes sense, thanks. Always thought it was odd that all RMOW calls were cramped onto South, seemed to be too much going on at a time. Been hearing the calls as "passing the Grand at Hwy 8, switching to TAC 1", which would make sense as they all seem to start out from fleet on TAC 1/former South and switch in accordance with their assigned bases if they're going North to KW.

I just must not be hearing the dispatches when they're actually coming through on TAC 3 - probably exactly due to the reason you mentioned i.e. low call volume.

highstupid

Banned
I believe North used to cover Wellington Dufferin and maybe Caledon as I'd hear caledon calls but yeah for every 1 call on North I'd hear 4 on South

highstupid

Banned
Should probably rename the patches to reflect the area served. CAM NORTH & CAM SOUTH are still the names. Just do like Mississauga or Georgian and use north patch south patch

Status
Not open for further replies.