Cambridge, MA - Raytheon sees a new market in public safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squad10

“It’s not just for radio,” he explained. “It’s for data and video. Any open-architecture program will work on this structure.”

WOW VIDEO!!

Open architecture!!

Forget about the data thing, other manufacturers already been there, done that.

VIDEO really raises the public safety bar toward the momentary best!!

I'll take 13,000 radios, where do I sign? No other vendor offers VIDEO. "I can guarantee you that they cannot compete for my business,”

jim202

I am not sure where you position is. Are you looking for video?

Your last statement is also very confusing where you state "I can guarantee you that they can not
compete for my business". Are you saying you want the Raytheon product?

By the way there is another company that has a video product. The company Sytech Corp., has
developed their software to take the video from a PDA type cell phone and run it through their
radio interoperability gateway they call RIOS. It has the ability to inter connect 2 PDA phone and
share the live video between the phones and can also link to other computers with their client
software. So now you have the ability to take and link radios via a gateway and also link video
with the same gateway.

There has been a big interest in the video gateway use by the law enforcement agencies.

Jim

“It’s not just for radio,” he explained. “It’s for data and video. Any open-architecture program will work on this structure.”

WOW VIDEO!!

Open architecture!!

Forget about the data thing, other manufacturers already been there, done that.

VIDEO really raises the public safety bar toward the momentary best!!

I'll take 13,000 radios, where do I sign? No other vendor offers VIDEO. "I can guarantee you that they cannot compete for my business,”

Squad10

I was being facetious. After I read the article, it reminded me of the Cook County (video) Project Shield that is being investigated by the Feds. Maybe Sytech Corp. has an opportunity in Cook County.

The word "Video" has always been a public safety hot button.

Project Shield users have said the system never worked even close to what they were told.

March 2, 2010

BY CAROL MARIN AND DON MOSELEY

Project Shield a big drain on Cook County taxpayers :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: News

Cook County's post-Sept. 11 security initiative, dubbed Project Shield, which has come under fire for being sharply over budget and years behind schedule, is proving to be an even bigger drain on taxpayers.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilcomister

I have used Raytheon's video product when in the military (in the battle theater, over conventional channels), it might be a variation of the DoD version but I can say that it does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.