Cambridge (OH) City Fire -- need confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi Folks,

A listing in the DB for Cambridge City Fire (154.355 with 82.5 PL repeater, with input of 153.95) is being called into question based upon a submission we received.

The submission we received was from somebody who just signed up and has never made any posts. I suspect the person's submission is incorrect and that the data in the database remains correct.

The submission is listed below -- and I believe the submitter is thinking from the standpoint of a mobile unit programmed, not from the standpoint of a person monitoring via scanner.

Can anybody in Cambridge area confirm one of the following:

1. 154.355 (repeater output) with an 82.5 PL is still active

OR

2. 153.95 is the repeater output (with 154.355 as the input) with an 82.5 PL

I'm betting nothing has changed and that the database listing is correct / 154.355 is the repeater output. But I'd like confirmation from those in the area who monitor Cambridge City Fire.

Submission:
The Transmit and Receive are reversed for Cambridge City Fire.

They should be as follows:

RX: 153.950

TX: 154.355

Tone PL: 82.5

Call-sign: WPSG363

Thanks

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I was in Cambridge last summer with my HP-2 scanning the DB and it was receiving fire just fine.

Thanks man. The problem with that is that anything could have changed since last summer. I was hoping to hear from somebody in Guernsey who actually monitors Cambridge City Fire daily / or has monitored it in the past week.

I really have no good reason to believe anything has changed, but I can't complete a submission I picked up unless I know if things really did change or not.

Mike

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Looking at the license, 153.950 is clearly the input, I cannot envision why they would swap those around.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Looking at the license, 153.950 is clearly the input, I cannot envision why they would swap those around.

Probably someone looking at a radio codeplug printout (or given information from one), which labels things from the radio side rather than the repeater side.

kd8mst

Cambridge Fire repeater

I am from Zanesville (20 mins from Cambridge) and I work in Cambridge and I know personally the asst. fire chief and both from my research on the frequency's and form the asst. chief himself the listing on radio reference is INCORRECT!!! the tx and rx are swapped! I submitted this as a change as was essentially told to go pound sand.... I monitor the repeater both at work and at home, so hopefully this can get it fixed!

Devan

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am from Zanesville (20 mins from Cambridge) and I work in Cambridge and I know personally the asst. fire chief and both from my research on the frequency's and form the asst. chief himself the listing on radio reference is INCORRECT!!! the tx and rx are swapped! I submitted this as a change as was essentially told to go pound sand.... I monitor the repeater both at work and at home, so hopefully this can get it fixed!

Devan

Devan,

We don't just add/modify data willy-nilly. You just signed up to this site this month, had made no posts, and made a submission requesting that we change a longstanding [correct] entry.

I made a forum post asking for others in Cambridge area [others who have been on the forums for a long time and which I can deem a trusted source] to confirm.

Relax, that's just how it is done here. If somebody else [that we recognize as a regular contributor] can confirm that 153.95 is the output of the repeater and 154.355 is the input, we'll make the make the change AND I'll make a personal notation on the submission that you submitted valid info. If, on the other hand, i hear back a confirmation that 154.355 is still the repeater output, well... you know.

We simply like to have accurate data in the database, and any Joe Blow off the street doesn't immediately qualify as an accurate submitter of data. Sorry, but that's just how things work.

Mike

kd8mst

Cambridge

Ok, I see your point... would it help I supplied a code plug to you or a letter from CFD or from the guy that takes care of their radios (another close friend)?

Status
Not open for further replies.