Cambridge Ont weird chatter on 141.745?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrtheviking

as stated I am having a hard time trying to figure out who this is my UHF radio picked it up on the nightly scan it sounds almost like EMS? the dispatch comes in clear but when the "feild units call it sounds like coded traffic? anyone have any info?

mciupa

It looks almost like a Bell Fleenet trunked frequency for the Ballinifad tower site. (141.735) That is a voice channel among others on that tower that would carry EMS traffic. In FleetNet however, you can't park it on one frequency. It may have started out as EMS but chances are a new user occupied that frequency using P25 mode which sounded "coded".

That frequency is also VHF-Hi. Is your radio a dual band VHF/UHF?

tyrtheviking

Yes it is its just a cheap UV-5R I have it set on that freq and to my ears its been steady EMS all day ..I just retired from the CF so i only know enough about civi radios to make me an educated idiot haha im still very green when it comes to this stuff

ATCTech

As Mike stated, this sounds like you're hearing a Fleetnet frequency. That said, 141.745 is not valid based on the 15kHz steps used in that range. Change the radio to 141.735 and see if it's the same content only clearer on the analog calls. If not, it's possible you're close enough to one of the more local Fleetnet towers that you're receiving signals due to intermodulation between it and another unidentifed source. Either way, EMS is analog (both dispatch and the mobile radios by the way) on Fleetnet but the vast majority of users are digital, so it's going to be very annoying to sit listening to anything for very long.

tyrtheviking

ok i have both radios side by side one on the original freq and one on 141.735 ill post results in the morning ..however so far im not getting the same chatter on 141.735

neoengel

Jumping in with the Baofeng love. I use chirp and set it so the Tx is disabled making it a very handy scanner. Have been submitting new info to the database as a result while out for walks with it picking up chatter in Waterloo Region :)

ATCTech

Are you by chance picking up paging tones on 141.745? MOH uses pagers to alert crews of calls and I wonder if that's splashing into the radio rather than actual 2-way radio traffic. You might try 149.440 parallel to 141.735 and see if any activity matches up. There are a couple of those sites within 10km of Ayr. Any chance of recording some of the audio for us?

tyrtheviking

for sure im getting a "pager tests the last 2 nights i have not caught the name its not cambridge or ayr i know there fire tones and " there is medical talk on it occasionally its a weird mash the more i listen to it the more confused i get ..ill try to record some audio on Thursday ..where should i upload it?

ATCTech

You can email it to me directly if you like or upload it here, your choice. I can PM you my email address if that's your preference. You have me curious for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.