Camden City???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me figure this one out?

I have a RS pro-163 scanner.
I listen to Camden city on everyone of the listed freqs.
Problem is I can't keep up with the converstation when it goes to the different freqs
Anyone have a solution?

Can someone help me figure this one out?

I have a RS pro-163 scanner.
I listen to Camden city on everyone of the listed freqs.
Problem is I can't keep up with the converstation when it goes to the different freqs
Anyone have a solution?

Its a Radio shack pro-164 My appolizes

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
There is very little AEGIS transmissions on the Camden city system. Most all patrols, Vice and Tac channels are in the clear. Only the NJSP metro units seem to use the AEGIS pro voice option and that is a rare occurence.

I'm not familure with that model scanner but if it can do EDACS systems program the system in and search and store the talk groups you want hear. Or you can listen to my Camden city feed on this web site in the live audio section. You won't hear the Vice and Tac channels on the feed however for obvious reasons.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
pokerbandit118 - Your RS pro-163 scanner can do EDACS .
EDACS uses what are called Logical Channel Numbers LCN. Rather than assign a frequency with a specific identifier, each frequency at a site is assigned a number between 1 through 25. When a channel announcement occurs it contains only the LCN. With this in mind your radio must be programmed with which frequency corresponds to which LCN in order.
01 851.16250

02 851.73750

03 852.78750

04 853.18750

05 853.70000

06 860.98750

Also the system is also optimized to be heard within the city, and much less so in the suburbs. The same for Cherry Hill and Philly.

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
FYI - most of the DRPA system is in ProVoice mode as well, and not monitorable.

KC2PXV

Very good information on here referring to the Camden questions I have, but what do you think the likelihood of my received Camden's EDACS system in Glassboro, NJ is? (Uniden BCT 15 scanner)?

Status
Not open for further replies.