Camden Co., NJ - County system to go live

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey123

Any idea what a good digital thresshold leavel would be foimr camden county fire and ems

joey123

Any idea when cherry hill public works will be on the new system i dont here nothing yet on the new system yet hopefuly i got that system programmed right

murphdog856

Premium Subscriber
They are using the EDACS and P25 system at the same time until they are fully moved over. Traffic is light until they are all on the same page. It's not that busy normally in my opinion. If you hear nothing all day long then you do have something wrong.

To answer your question about threshold, mine is the default out of the box. P25 Phase II sounds like crap on a Moto APX...it going to be a lot less clear on a scanner. Is that what you are having an issue with? Sound quality?

joey123

They are using the EDACS and P25 system at the same time until they are fully moved over. Traffic is light until they are all on the same page. It's not that busy normally in my opinion. If you hear nothing all day long then you do have something wrong.

To answer your question about threshold, mine is the default out of the box. P25 Phase II sounds like crap on a Moto APX...it going to be a lot less clear on a scanner. Is that what you are having an issue with? Sound quality?
Yes the sound quailty how do u set up for the new cherry hill public works freqency

murphdog856

Premium Subscriber
Knew I would take heat for that :). I should have qualified that by saying compared compared to a digital 12.5 kHz channel or analog. Never had to get the end users to hold the mic perfectly to not sound muffled or unreadable with those. Wasn't a Moto knock....Phase II in general.

It does? That's news to me. :rolleyes:

@Signal-Zero @KevinC

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Knew I would take heat for that :). I should have qualified that by saying compared compared to a digital 12.5 kHz channel or analog. Never had to get the end users to hold the mic perfectly to not sound muffled or unreadable with those. Wasn't a Moto knock....Phase II in general.
All ball busting aside, I actually prefer TDMA to FDMA on the APX. Perhaps that's because I'm used to listening to our full-TDMA system for the past 6 years, I've gotten very used to how it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.