Camden Co., NJ - County system to go live

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphdog856

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Cherry Hill switched over radio to the County radio system today. DPW will be on a stand alone P25 system shortly.

murphdog856

Premium Subscriber
More than likely
It will not. Just plain P25 Phase I. No encryption for DPW. It will also be used as a police backup system should the County have a failure. The police will have encryption turned on should that happen.

murphdog856

Premium Subscriber
I don’t remember off the top off my head. In the 500’s. Since it’s encrypted it’s not off much value in my opinion. You can see them in Unitrunker.

murphdog856

Premium Subscriber
Camden Co will not allow(or is not allowed) to put anything but public safety i.e. police, fire, EMS on their system. I think it has to do with 700 MHz being for public safety. Cherry Hill built the one channel system for DPW and PD backup.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
What is the threshold do you use when you listening to fire EMS because when I listen to it it’s all mumbled

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Can any confirm if Camden Public Works is still using the old edacs system ? according the database
They are.
Why is it in the database when it's not being used
The Camden City EDACS system was set to deprecated status in April 2015, which means that it is no longer part of the active database. The related trunked system note on the Camden County page for Camden City wasn't removed when the EDACS system was put out to pasture. No big deal, it happens. Feel free to make a submission requesting that the note be removed from the Camden City section.

Status
Not open for further replies.