Camden County & Cherry Hill Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello,

I will be to Cherry Hill area late next month I have not been in that area for 2 years.
Anything new I should be aware of ? I heard there is a new Camden County TRS
can that be monitored by the 996XT and is the county VHF repeaters still valid for
tone outs, Thanks in advance for any help on this as I go through RR today.

Tony

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

As you will see from the database Camden county is operating on a 700 phase 2 system for fire and ems countywide. I dont know if you have ordered one of the new uniden radios, but that and the PSR 800 are the only ones which can monitor this. Cherry Hill PD is still on 800 EDACS as is Camden City, but most other PD are encrypted on the new system. Enjoy your stay down here.

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Oh and to answer your other question the vhf dispatch is still online, however Cherry Hill Fire and EMS are dispatched via the new 700 system on their own talkgroup.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Thank You for the updates, yes I ordered a new Uniden 536 but being patient on that as I am sure there is going to be a learning curve on the new radio.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Tony I ordered a 536 also,hopefully it will ship this upcoming week! If you need any help send me an email!

mondaro

Feed Provider
Eli,

Thanks, and Happy New Year i ordered mine from Advanced in Lodi.

Reading up on the Camden County system there was a note that some talkgroups are TDMA II is it worth programing the 996XT on this system or most of the TG are TDMA II ?

Thanks

Tony

elias1988

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Nice I ordered from mtcradio.com,cheapest price I could find ($598.00) plus free shipping! As for Camden it's a fully phase II system.

camco911

Premium Subscriber
Eli,

Thanks, and Happy New Year i ordered mine from Advanced in Lodi.

Reading up on the Camden County system there was a note that some talkgroups are TDMA II is it worth programing the 996XT on this system or most of the TG are TDMA II ?

Thanks

Tony

No, it is all phase II, you will not be able to monitor with the 996xt.

mondaro

Feed Provider
What's NJSP fleet number I should monitor for Rt 195 from the turnpike to the Cherry Hill area.
Is it A Troop - 5 Comm ?

Thanks

Tony

camco911

Premium Subscriber
What's NJSP fleet number I should monitor for Rt 195 from the turnpike to the Cherry Hill area.
Is it A Troop - 5 Comm ?

Thanks

Tony

5 Comm troop C for Bordentown and 5 Comm troop A is Bellmawr would be I-295 (Sorry I don't know the fleet number)

jmmfah

Premium Subscriber
camden county

OK, i read some comments here. I was just getting ready to post about how my pro-197 isn't picking up the New Camden County Radio system when i programmed it right from Radio Reference. So if i understand this right, my pro-197 is not compatible to pick up there new system? What scanner do i need to buy to monitor Camden County now? also, if i buy the recommended scanner, will i be able to program Philly PD as well as Camden PD and NJSP that i currently listen to on a regular basis? Thanks for the help!

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Jmmfah, read the latter half of the first sticky thread in the regional NJ forum for more than you ever wanted to know. http://m.radioreference.com/forums/GetThread.php?t=261785&bat=

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

Yes the GRE PSR 800 and Uniden BCDx36hp both will receive the new system as well as NJSP 800 and the NJICS and Philadelphia police and fire. Jmmfah, where are you monitoring from?

jmmfah

Premium Subscriber
I'm Motoring from mantua nj, however I'm always traveling around south jersey . Do both those models you mention come both in a portable and a mobile unit? Also where can I find the best prices on each model? Thanks for the help.

jmmfah

Premium Subscriber
After doing some research, the psr800 and the 900 don't state that they can scan TDMA systems like the new Camden county system. However, the BCDx36hp states it does scan that but it doesn't look like it's out on the market yet.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

The PSR 800 does in fact monitor phase 2 systems and is currently what many of us are using to hear camden county, myself included. That is the portable model. The PSR 900 base unit never came out before GRE stopped production last March. The Uniden BCD436hp is the new portable unit that does phase 2. The first ones should be arriving to consumers this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.