Camden County Database Cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
FYI:

I finally finished going through the entire Camden County database and cleaning all of the errors, mis-spellings, etc. I have also updated ALL of the county license information and have added all of the municipalities throughout the county. In addition, I've cleaned up the "Other Agencies" section as well.

If anyone has any missing submissions, please submit them through the normal submission process and I will go ahead and process them directly. This includes, Fire Tactical channels used for trainings, fireground operations, etc. Any known public works or police secondary frequencies (PLEASE INCLUDE THE PL/DPL IF KNOWN). I would appreciate any assistance with this as this database hasn't really been overhauled in a long time and much of the information in it was stale or incorrect.

Thanks in advance and if anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks,

Jerry

Monoxide16

hey got a question about the DRPA Camden Co site do the public work talkgroups still come in haven't herd anything on their talkgroups in weeks or did they get new ones cause they are cool 2 listen 2 thanks 4 any info

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
hey got a question about the DRPA Camden Co site do the public work talkgroups still come in haven't herd anything on their talkgroups in weeks or did they get new ones cause they are cool 2 listen 2 thanks 4 any info

I honestly have no idea what DRPA is doing these days; however, I can tell you that they are absorbing the PATCO system and have been provided grant money to upgrade their existing 800MHz. trunking system. But it's more likely that DRPA is going to end up on the NJPSIC 700MHz. system in the end and have roaming abilities to Philadelphia & Camden Counties new system as well.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
One thing I don't understand about what was done to the Camden County database is the removal multiple town frequencies that I know for a fact are still on the air. And why admits keep on changing tags. Can't one set of tags be good enough?
Also combining Fire and EMS into one bank. I for one like to keep them separate especially Camden County were EMS is nonstop.

And you're welcome for the South Jersey Gas information, Its a little side project of mine that may document for myself since I didn't even get acknowledgment or a thanks.

Last edited:

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
DRPA Camden Co site

Monoxide: I still hear several analog talk groups on the system.
08-062 Walt Whitman Bridge Maintenance
08-022 Betsy Ross Bridge Maintenance
08-130 Police Admin? I hear PATCO PD on this TG
and a few more I just can't remember right now.

Also I leave ID search on with my Uniden, I catch a lot of radio to radio patches.

Highpockets

One thing I don't understand about what was done to the Camden County database is the removal multiple town frequencies that I know for a fact are still on the air. And why admits keep on changing tags. Can't one set of tags be good enough?
Also combining Fire and EMS into one bank. I for one like to keep them separate especially Camden County were EMS is nonstop.

And you're welcome for the South Jersey Gas information, Its a little side project of mine that may document for myself since I didn't even get acknowledgment or a thanks.

I also like when Law, Fire and First Aid are in their own catagory when it comes to County info.

Monoxide16

thank u again 4 the help cause i keep the maintenance crews on all day and don"t hear anything i just get the tac channels 1 and 2 and Patco PD

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
They have always been in a combined category for Camden County because these frequencies exist in ALL fire department radios and EMS services are also provided by fire departments throughout the county. If there is too much activity, simply lockout these channels from your scanlists.

As for the function tags N2ICV, they were updated to their correct status and should not change. Other frequencies we removed because they were either duplicates or did not contain a valid license for said agency. That said, if you have a list of some specifics, please submit them and we'll research them and update the database accordingly. Thanks for the SJ Gas info, I didn't know a special thanks was required; I simply processed the submission like anyone else's.

Thanks for everyone's input, database submission always help us make sure the records remain as up-to-date as possible...

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
From my ProScan log today,
Audubon, Bellmawr, Berlin borough and Haddonfield with the frequencies and PL's that were listed in the database for Camden County for PD switch overs.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
You cannot go by if the licenses are current or not. With the FCC that is jammed with requests for narrow band licensing.

So please put the database back the way it was thank you.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
You cannot go by if the licenses are current or not. With the FCC that is jammed with requests for narrow band licensing.

So please put the database back the way it was thank you.

These changes were NOT based solely on valid or invalid licenses and those with "switchover" channels are still listed, there were consolidated over a year ago. In-fact, only two frequencies were deleted with these recent changes, one was a duplicate labeled as a "Switchover" for a local municipality; however it was actually a countywide "Switchover" channel, of which the local municipality was a user of with the same CTCSS tone and zone assignment. The other was a frequency originally licensed to Winslow Township but as the licensed expired over two years ago because they consolidated frequencies in a cost cutting effort.

The changes to the database were warranted and necessary for Camden County moving forward and I still have a strong vested interest in making sure the database is as accurate as possible. I am asking everyone to work with me here and lets make sure we keep it up to date and accurate with valid, consistent information without duplicates, etc.

If you have suggestions, corrections, etc please feel free to submit the or PM me directly.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding...

Status
Not open for further replies.