Camden County Fire-Ems Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfd461

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone just wondering does Camden County have besides the analog 143.43 dispatch a digital dispatch channel like Burlington County? I know Cherry Hill and Camden City do Im in Burlington County and there analog dispatch comes in very bad on my SDS 100. The digital side is good. I saw they have a voice dispatch in the digital system but I don't believe Ive heard anything come over that thank you for any info.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone just wondering does Camden County have besides the analog 143.43 dispatch a digital dispatch channel like Burlington County? I know Cherry Hill and Camden City do Im in Burlington County and there analog dispatch comes in very bad on my SDS 100. The digital side is good. I saw they have a voice dispatch in the digital system but I don't believe Ive heard anything come over that thank you for any info.
Funny you ask. Yes, normally Camden County does have the voice dispatch active on the 700mhz side. It has been in place since at least 2017. However just today I noticed it is not active. Only the VHF side is active. Anyone know what's up with that?

aslc

Premium Subscriber
That's a good question I noticed that too yesterday I since wen Pennsauken ems gets dispatched on vhf
Strange, Pennsauken EMS is always dispatched on 700/800 TRS North, not analog. Are you saying you heard them dispatched on VHF?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Strange, Pennsauken EMS is always dispatched on 700/800 TRS North, not analog. Are you saying you heard them dispatched on VHF?
Pennsauken EMS which since the spring/summer is now officially part of the Pennsauken Fire Department has been dispatched on Camden County F-1 since that change. You'll hear then now addressed as 11 Alpha, 11Charlie, 11 Delta etc. They are not dispatched on North Ops like Cooper EMS.

The F-1 patch on the Camden County P25 system is back up as of last Tuesday I believe. Unknown why it was down.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Pennsauken EMS which since the spring/summer is now officially part of the Pennsauken Fire Department has been dispatched on Camden County F-1 since that change. You'll hear then now addressed as 11 Alpha, 11Charlie, 11 Delta etc. They are not dispatched on North Ops like Cooper EMS.

The F-1 patch on the Camden County P25 system is back up as of last Tuesday I believe. Unknown why it was down.
Prior to EMS becoming part of Pennsauken FD were they dispatched on N-Ops/N-Tac like Cooper EMS or did I get that wrong?

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Camden County using Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc. for EMS units not only in Pennsauken but now also in Gloucester Twp, Haddonfield, Collingswood. It seems that they're rolling this out county-wide. I also hear them calling Haddonfield's chief "Chief 14" rather than 14-01. Does anyone know the extent of these unit designation changes?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Prior to EMS becoming part of Pennsauken FD were they dispatched on N-Ops/N-Tac like Cooper EMS or did I get that wrong?
You would be correct. And yes eventually every BLS unit will have a alpha or bravo designation after the district number. County is doing away with 4 digit numbering, hence why you hear Chief 14 instead of 1400.

JK96

Camden County using Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc. for EMS units not only in Pennsauken but now also in Gloucester Twp, Haddonfield, Collingswood. It seems that they're rolling this out county-wide. I also hear them calling Haddonfield's chief "Chief 14" rather than 14-01. Does anyone know the extent of these unit designation changes?

As it's been explained to me, It's expected everyone will switch over, but no actual deadline or mandate that I've heard yet. Only a handful of EMS hasn't made the switch. Fire is 1/3 to 1/2 switched. Fire is supposed to be dropping station numbers and using only district numbers, ie 29-1 to 29, 7-5 to 7, 2-1 to 2 and so on. Then it would be Chief 29, Asst. Chief 29, Capt. 29, E29 Alpha, E29 Bravo, and so on. I'm not sure you will ever see 100% fire switchover, as I have a tough time seeing the City ditching E1, SD7, etc. for E10 Alpha, Bravo, SD 10, etc. If they don't switch, then there would be duplicates with towns like Audubon, Runnemede, Barrington, and Pennsauken. But then you've got Mt. Ephraim which I think technically should be using Chief 4, etc. but is using Chief 4-5 etc. If you're confused and dumbfounded, welcome to the club lol.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Delaware County PA recently did away with numeric suffixes for officers (01-9 now Chief 01, 68-12 now Captain 68, etc) Makes interop communcations with other counties much easier, they also dropped the "7" suffix for BLS units and now use A, B, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.