Camden County (TRS) update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampulman

Just read yesterday, that Voorhees Town Council voted unanimously in favor of joining the CC Police force.

I seem to recall reading before the local elections (November) that the mayor and police chief were in favor of maintaining the force's independent status. Hmmmm, the chief is near retirement, I believe and the Dems control Mayor/Council.

Since Camden City is on board, and with Voorhees joining the party, the county force is a fait accompli.

ampulman

Update to update

Monoxide: I believe it will be monitorable (in some degree) until all radios/groups/municipalities switch to X-2 TDMA.

On another front, after my original post, I later read in the Philly Inquirer, that Camden City Police and some local activists, are fighting the switch to a county system. They are looking to have a public referendum on the issue.

They are particularly upset about being 're-hired', or not by the county, and also a lower wage.

I'm still having a problem with the argument that a CC force will result in more officers on the street (maybe for Camden).

Amp

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Yep, we'll be buying new scanners for these X2 TDMA systems eventially. Gota love progress!

On the other front:

Its not so much the local activist but the police unions that mislead the local activists that will fight it. The unions will be lose money so of course they're going to fight it. It's because of these police unions that all these police officers are losing their jobs. They're over paid thanks to union negotiated contracts, many are underworked and there are too many of them in the wrong places. Now they are all used to their big fat saleries and cushy jobs in towns like HiNella, Oaklyne, to name a couple. Some smart people are finally realizing this and taking steps to correct it on behalf of Camden county tax payers. They should do this all over the state. It would save a lot of taxpayer money and put police where they're needed.

fireradio44

Might want to check that fact again. Voohees PD recently joined the Camden County Communications Center for dispatching purposes, not the County police department.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Camden City and Cherry Hill Twp will be on this new system or staying on their respective Edacs systems?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Camden City and Cherry Hill Twp will be on this new system or staying on their respective Edacs systems?

Rest assured they are both going. Cherry Hill is slated for it's own tower location as is Camden City. Cherry Hill's current radios can be flash upgraded to operate on the new Project-25 system alongside the current EDACS system until the final migration occurs.

When the system is completed, ALL Camden County Police, Fire, EMS, Public-Works, etc. will utilize this system. It will also be tied into the NJ State 700/800 systems to allow roaming statewide for both county and state units.

fireradio44

Rest assured they are both going. Cherry Hill is slated for it's own tower location as is Camden City. Cherry Hill's current radios can be flash upgraded to operate on the new Project-25 system alongside the current EDACS system until the final migration occurs.

When the system is completed, ALL Camden County Police, Fire, EMS, Public-Works, etc. will utilize this system. It will also be tied into the NJ State 700/800 systems to allow roaming statewide for both county and state units.

It's possible that Cherry Hill may have 2 antenna sites...

Status
Not open for further replies.