Camden NJ is America's most Dangerous city (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Thats great! Listen to the mayhem live on my Camden City police feed, it's non-stop. Welcome to the jungle!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Brick Twp. NJ is down at the bottom as always but that says nothing about all the radio traffic. Not much major crime but it happens, most calls are the usual routine stuff and there's plenty of it because it's a township that covers quite a bit of area. It makes me glad I'm out of radio range of Camden, I really don't want to go anywhere near that cesspool.

"There was a time a few years back that Detroit actually had the number one spot."
And they've been pissed off ever since they lost it.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Well, when NJ was looking for a place to put the Aquarium they picked the number 1 city. :roll:

Yeah and they put the battle ship there too, everyone is scared to visit it because where you have to drive and park to see it.

They should load up them main guns on the New Jersey and do Camden a favor and open fire! Clear the way and start over.

Highpockets

Yeah and they put the battle ship there too, everyone is scared to visit it because where you have to drive and park to see it.

They should load up them main guns on the New Jersey and do Camden a favor and open fire! Clear the way and start over.

NJ is getting better, look where you go to see a Devils hockey game (Newark) :)

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
NJ is getting better, look where you go to see a Devils hockey game (Newark) :)

Newark is and has been for 40 yrs, a series of islands. If you are on one of the good islands, life is good (e.g. Iron Bound section) if you are on one of the bad ones, MLK Blvd...rolling up your windows will only help you with a Kevlar pot on your head heh. It is definitely better than it once was....but "better" just means more survivable so far.

Look at Alphabet City and Greenpoint and many others in NYC....it can be done...sometimes in an amazingly short amount of time.

DJ88

Brick Twp. NJ is down at the bottom as always but that says nothing about all the radio traffic.

Radio traffic that we can no longer monitor. And with more and more garbage migrating there from surrounding towns, Lakewood in particular, it won't be long before Brick begins to rise to the upper tier in the ranks.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Speaking of Lakewood, amazingly little major crime but plenty of nervous Nellies calling the cops for the dumbest things. Actually if not for nonsense they'd have very little to do. Now there's something many don't realize, reporting crime stats is voluntary and most don't bother making the FBI list inconclusive at best.

Oh and BTW, Philly and Camden wrangled over who would get the New Jersey, the Navy yard across the river lost because Camden needed it to protect the aquarium. (;->) Now after all the work was done including locating and installing the proper Navy radios and a ham station NJ2BB in the radio room nobody comes to see either the aquarium or the ship. If you want to see a real life Iowa Class battleship or operate the station you'll have to get a group together and make an appointment. It makes me wonder if they'd get a better deal across the river where it should have been in the first place, if I want to see an aquarium Jenkinson's is only a 10 minute walk away.

Maybe they should tow it to the yard in Bayonne? It's supposed to be a park now and the Russian Teardrop memorial to 9-11 stands there but guess what. Right, nobody ever told you of the park OR the memorial... until now. Pravda means truth and it took Pravda to tell you what the New York Times kept from you.

Last edited:

Danny6569

camden

they should have put the aquarium and the battleship in a nicer town like burlington city where theres not much crime like there is in camden city, they had plenty of other towns in nj to put them, i dont see why they would have even considered camden in the first place as bad as it is there, i guess there stuck with it now.

JCC419

Thats the best idea I heard in a long time !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.