Cameras catch woman stealing from teen's grave

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
PALATKA, Fla. -

A hidden camera at a teenager's grave caught a woman stealing toys and other items left there by the boy's parents.

Cade Beck, 12, died in an ATV accident in June.

The family said things they left at the boy's grave repeatedly went missing.

"It's hurtful. I haven't been able to sleep for five months because of this woman," said Marisa Sapp, Beck's mother.

more of the story

Cameras catch woman stealing from teen's grave | News - Home

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Only short bus and low life people would steal from the deceased. :(

n9zas

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Short Bus?

Only short bus and low life people would steal from the deceased. :(

n9zas
If you are talking about those in special needs buses being thieves, I could not disagree more. Many who ride the "short-bus" are mentally retarded, not mentally ill. There is a difference.

Also, short-bus routes tend to support those with multi-developmental disabilities such as CP, pervasive developmental disorder, or even severe seizures.

It takes a worm to steal trinkets from someone's grave. You are likely talking about those with antisocial personality disorder. These individuals might drive the short-bus or work as a school teacher or administrator. There have been many accounts of faculty members molesting children. Or, it might be one of those recalcitrant pigs from the clergy.

These days, you never know.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Although I find the behavior of stealing from the dead loathsome in nature, I also know that some people have no common sense. Would anyone like to put a $10,000 Rolex watch on a tombstone and not expect someone to steal it? This sounds a bit far-fetched, but some people have no common sense:

Tampa woman charged with stealing from graves | HeraldTribune.com

Three women charged with stealing hundreds of military grave markers - phillyBurbs.com : Burlington County Times: police, crime, cinnaminson, cemetery thefts, lakeview memorial cemetery

Illinois 'grave robber' Jeffrey Burke accused of stealing up to $100k in cemetery vases | Mail Online

Grave thefts are as old as time, but not any less disgusting. Perhaps, they could take this thief, bury them up to their head, and run them over with an industrial mower.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Thieves In Open View

PALATKA, Fla. -

A hidden camera at a teenager's grave caught a woman stealing toys and other items left there by the boy's parents.

Cade Beck, 12, died in an ATV accident in June.

The family said things they left at the boy's grave repeatedly went missing.

"It's hurtful. I haven't been able to sleep for five months because of this woman," said Marisa Sapp, Beck's mother.

more of the story

Cameras catch woman stealing from teen's grave | News - Home
I wonder what would happen if funeral homes were filmed incognito? What scams have occurred at the expense of others grief? There are tricks of the funeral trade, so to speak. They steal far more from the bereaved, yet they get by with it all of the time. Here are the real crooks. At one time, the funeral association tried to bury (no pun intended) this book:

Amazon.com: The American Way of Death Revisited (9780679771869): Jessica Mitford: Books

13 Things the Funeral Director Won't Tell You | Reader's Digest

Food for thought.

gewecke

Banned
If you are talking about those in special needs buses being thieves, I could not disagree more. Many who ride the "short-bus" are mentally retarded, not mentally ill. There is a difference.

Also, short-bus routes tend to support those with multi-developmental disabilities such as CP, pervasive developmental disorder, or even severe seizures.

It takes a worm to steal trinkets from someone's grave. You are likely talking about those with antisocial personality disorder. These individuals might drive the short-bus or work as a school teacher or administrator. There have been many accounts of faculty members molesting children. Or, it might be one of those recalcitrant pigs from the clergy.

These days, you never know.
I wasn't speaking ill of people who actually ride the bus. I was referring to those who know right from wrong.
I know several "short bus" individuals who would steal the moss off of a grave marker, if they thought they could benefit from it! I work with an a** who steals your lunch out of the frig. At any rate, now all she gets is a cat food sandwich.
Sorry about the phrase.

n9zas

W2NJS

Some of you guys ought to really lighten up. This is an electronics/hobby Board, not a place to solve the problems of the world.

gewecke

Banned
Some of you guys ought to really lighten up. This is an electronics/hobby Board, not a place to solve the problems of the world.
Well...we ARE in the "world news & events" forum,right? ;)

n9zas

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
Well, I never heard the term "short bus" before so it was good to learn, and the other guy that mentioned how the funeral industry rips almost everyone off was right on also.
Lastly, it has become very common around here for thieves to raid cemeteries and steal any metal such as the brass flower vases and sprinkler heads or backflow preventers and anything else not bolted down.

IMHO it would be good if some vigilantes would camp out in the dark and let the perps have some paintballs or something----

Romak3

Premium Subscriber

The RadioReference Tavern
"World News and Events--- Mother gives birth to bigfoot-like child! Africa sinks! If it happens you'll read it here"

mancow

Database Admin
You seriously never heard that term before?

Well, I never heard the term "short bus" before so it was good to learn, and the other guy that mentioned how the funeral industry rips almost everyone off was right on also.
Lastly, it has become very common around here for thieves to raid cemeteries and steal any metal such as the brass flower vases and sprinkler heads or backflow preventers and anything else not bolted down.

IMHO it would be good if some vigilantes would camp out in the dark and let the perps have some paintballs or something----

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Short Bus With Bars

I wasn't speaking ill of people who actually ride the bus. I was referring to those who know right from wrong.
I know several "short bus" individuals who would steal the moss off of a grave marker, if they thought they could benefit from it! I work with an a** who steals your lunch out of the frig. At any rate, now all she gets is a cat food sandwich.
Sorry about the phrase.

n9zas
Yeah, that is sad. Perhaps, they put juvenile delinquents on the buses in your area. In Texas, we put them in buses with bars on the windows and a shotgun in the front. Ha.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
If I was following a PC world, I would have refrained from using the term, "mentally retarded." Some, love to whine about this diagnosis.

Back to the issue at hand. What kind of human walking vermin steals from the graves of the deceased. Of course, this was how the medical profession came to be. They had to get their specimens from somewhere. Now, you can order a corpse.

What they really need to do is rig something to where a hand comes out of the ground and grabs the thief. Ha.

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
You seriously never heard that term before?
Nope, not in the way it was used--and I even used to run to the dictionary when I was a kid and look words up. Like when my neighbor said a lady was "Crepitating" when she walked by. :p

Short bus to me means a small copper bar used as phase C in a 3 phase panelboard---:eek:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Good One

Nope, not in the way it was used--and I even used to run to the dictionary when I was a kid and look words up. Like when my neighbor said a lady was "Crepitating" when she walked by. :p

Short bus to me means a small copper bar used as phase C in a 3 phase panelboard---:eek:
Oh, this is choice. I really needed a good laugh. I thought I was the only one who misinterpreted sayings, phrases, and words. Thanks for your honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.