Cameron County: Harlingen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRXD

Premium Subscriber
In reference to the database, Harlingen police switched over to P25 from Motorola Type II, I am currently running a 436 BCD-HP and have only been able to hear the F.D. via the Sentinel update (currently updated 8-12-14). The scanner seems to stop momentarily but nothing is heard. Any Thoughts?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In reference to the database, Harlingen police switched over to P25 from Motorola Type II, I am currently running a 436 BCD-HP and have only been able to hear the F.D. via the Sentinel update (currently updated 8-12-14). The scanner seems to stop momentarily but nothing is heard. Any Thoughts?
Looking at the system in the database, the talkgroup for Harlingen PD Ch 1 is flagged as encrypted (the E in the Mode column). The 436 would stop perhaps briefly in an encrypted talkgroup, if that (look for a quick display of an 'ENC' in the display), but then would move on, and you would not hear audio. Perhaps some of the other PD talkgroups are encrypted as well. I would have no idea, being in another part of the state, but perhaps someone else in your area can provide more information.

MRXD

Premium Subscriber
hiegtx,
I learned something new tonight (Mode colum info.),the 'ENC' has been seen during the pause also.
Thank you for the quick reply, it's appreciated

JoeTex1

harlingen pd.

Harlingen pd ch 1 dispatch 60600 and 60602 information are 100% encrypted.. no voice the only time you'll hear them in digital is via the interoperability channels.. I call them inter-opps channels

Status
Not open for further replies.