Cameron County

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

Does anyone know if Cameron county switched freqs or went totally encrypted? I was out of state for a month and came back and I don't hear any county sheriff or Harlingen anymore. I know Harlingen did go encrypted for the most part.

Or is it me or my scanner?
My 2 digital scanners are a Pro-106 and a Gre using Win 500 software
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Cameron county switched freqs or went totally encrypted? I was out of state for a month and came back and I don't hear any county sheriff or Harlingen anymore. I know Harlingen did go encrypted for the most part.

Or is it me or my scanner?
My 2 digital scanners are a Pro-106 and a Gre using Win 500 software
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992
There are several encrypted channels on the LRGVRRS, Lower Rio Grande Valley Regional Radio System (LRGVRRS) Trunking System, Varies, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Also see this thread. Reading some of the comments, I get the impression there could be more talkgroups than are currently listed. Some may not have been submitted, and there also could be more encrypted ones. You might try adding a group wildcard to the system, if you already have it programmed, and see if you find additional TGID's.

JoeTex1

Cameron'county sheriff

I just checked there still on 60002 digital non encrypted..

al95

Cameron County are coming in loud and clear here at Brownville. I was using a Pro106 but switched about a month ago to a BCD396XT. There is nothing wrong with my Pro-106 just the enc. noise that gets annoying over time. Brownsville is full enc Harlingen is semi enc

Status
Not open for further replies.