Cameron Peak Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
To be fair, I cannot remember if “engine” or “truck“ was used in the transmission. I am not in the fire profession, and probably confused the two. In regards to your frustration with the word “surge”, I don’t think they were choosing a word based on media/social media buzz words. I also don’t think the vast majority of people associate the word “surge” with engine hydraulics. I will say, however, that I would assume most people watching the official updates, can come to a conclusion of what surge means when they are explaining it in operational briefings.

dougw65

What if Sky King answers?
Premium Subscriber
QTH is Loveland--- Here are some of the most active freqs for the Cameron and Mullen fires

168.4 Air -to Ground Command
168.65 Tanker Base FC
118.4 NORCO Tower

nicavery

Some interesting stuff listening to the Fire radio traffic.

The Killpecker tower site, when running on backup power, uses about 2500 gallons of propane in 6 days. I don't know how many other systems other than the DTRS are running up there, but that seems like a huge amount of energy. Or perhaps they are just generating way more power than is needed.

This morning, 10/9 there is radio traffic about the fire becoming extremely active overnight, in the area of Hourglass Reservoir and once again near CSU campus up there. The fire is reported to be crowning, with flame lengths 4X the height of the trees and moving towards properties to the north and east of Comanche Peak.

Heard some radio traffic on WYCO-1 the wyoming/colorado mutual aid channel for the first time ever. A high speed pursuit came in to CO from WY and the dumb criminals thought they were being smart heading up into the hills, oblivious to the fact there's law enforcement from about every local, state, fed agency manning roadblocks for the fire :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

nicavery

Bad news, sounds like it's really blown up around the pingree park campus and upper buckhorn. They're on the radio now arranging for mandatory evacs

tyytor

Some interesting stuff listening to the Fire radio traffic.

The Killpecker tower site, when running on backup power, uses about 2500 gallons of propane in 6 days. I don't know how many other systems other than the DTRS are running up there, but that seems like a huge amount of energy. Or perhaps they are just generating way more power than is needed.

This morning, 10/9 there is radio traffic about the fire becoming extremely active overnight, in the area of Hourglass Reservoir and once again near CSU campus up there. The fire is reported to be crowning, with flame lengths 4X the height of the trees and moving towards properties to the north and east of Comanche Peak.

Heard some radio traffic on WYCO-1 the wyoming/colorado mutual aid channel for the first time ever. A high speed pursuit came in to CO from WY and the dumb criminals thought they were being smart heading up into the hills, oblivious to the fact there's law enforcement from about every local, state, fed agency manning roadblocks for the fire :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hi I have only heard traffic WYO Link Mat0 - Mat0C patched to wy/co-1 ect.. colorado a hand full of times.

BC5100

Could be! my reasoning he is L7 is people keep calling him by name, Justin, and the radio traffic shows all the lcso supervisors clearly taking direction from him. I think the ES leadership are the Ocean call signs.
You are right, L7 is the LT and Ocean Units are overhead Sam17 is the supervisor for the Ocean units, And Victor 1 is the Sheriff

nicavery

Talkgroup 4018 NW MAC 19 heard tonight, East Troublesome Fire with coordination between Grand and Larimer counties. Seems mainly Law resources from Cameron Peak Fire trying to assist with urgent evacuations, units heading from Larimer into Grand.

Some of the task forces are using channels from their home systems. I haven't explored too much outside my local agencies, but for example Poudre Fire Authority task forces working the fire can be heard on PFA Fireground channel 15 (also their RIT chan) which is TG 9169

KD0WMJ

Premium Subscriber
Are they still using MAC 6 & 7? or are they using any other MAC channel?

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
MAC 7 is used for clearing residents in to do things on their properties.
I've been hearing all other MACs in use for various things.
Program them all!

nicavery

They're all over the place. I've even heard Rist Canyon VFD using Larimer County Land Office channel, and some night time activity on Loveland Transit chan. Being the weekend now there should be less routine business on public works chans so just clear all avoids and see what you find :)

Status
Not open for further replies.