Camo BFUV5RE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCNHB

Thanks guys. I use the same paint to camo a lot of my airsoft gear. So I painted it to match my gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCNHB

Here is the stock battery. With a fake carbon fiber over it. It still protects it. But it's not real carbon fiber of course

JCNHB

Is there such a thing?

JCNHB

Ok. There is such a thing. I don't have the answer regarding Chinese radios however. But I would imagine mil spec plastic would probably cost more than what a 40 dollar radio includes.

I'm guessing you are of the same opinion.

JCNHB

Oh. Ok. I don't know. To be honest the plastic looks and feels pretty good. at least to me. It looks like it's a quality.
Spring loaded belt clip. I've dropped it a few times and it leaves a mark but doesn't loosen up or rattle. Battery fits very snug.

It might be mil spec or close for all I know.

How can there be mil spec plastic in a $40 HT? Well crap. I don't even know how they make dual band HT for $40. The operate off different cost profit margins. So anything is possible.
It's good plastic to me. It's not toy plastic.

JCNHB

Thanks. I paint a bunch of stuff this way. I use different camo paints to paint different parts of the item.
Then I use transparent non-slip spray over the paint to protect it and give it grip.

rescuecomm

Nice, but if you want a cheap tactical radio, check this out. It has a 5,000 ma battery pack and uses some of the real Mccoy's accessories.

TRI AN/PRC-152 for about $250.00 on the web. Wish I could afford 2 of them.

Bob

JCNHB

I Just looked it up. Nice! functions like a UV-5r. Just more rugged. And better battery.

I really like the UV -5r. I want to get a couple more.

hard to beat at around $40

rescuecomm

I've got one of the UV-5RB versions with two of the 3800 ma batteries. Incidently, did you disassemble your radio to paint it or tape it up real good?

Bob

JCNHB

I disassembled what I could. The face plate and battery. But I taped off the keypad. I probably could have done a better job of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.