Campbell County Public Safety - New EDACS TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
All,

I believe I have found a New EDACS TRS for Campbell County tonight. Current CC is 852.900 and ID's as C04. At this point, I think I have the LCN correct as it seems to be tracking just fine.

The license just had an application filed on 6/6 to delete the non rebanded freq's. I am not sure how long this has been up. I usually go "CC hunting" once a week or so and tonight is the first time it's popped up.

I have only heard two talkgroups thus far:

02-021 - appears to be Alexandria Police. I have heard units 765 and 711, which according to the DB, would be APD. I heard a plate ran on this talkgroup.

02-061 - is unidentified at this point.

Both seem to be very informal and use is sporadic. I have also heard it referred to as "800" which also leads me to believe it's not in full time use.

If anyone is close and could program and help monitor it would be greatly appreciated :)

sf

Last edited:

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Campbell County has an 800 EDACS system mostly used for MDC's. It gets some talkaround use as well as most, if not all, depts have assigned tg's. Use is hit or miss for a PD talkaround, since there the only ones with MDC's. This is supposed to be the new county system for everyone if funding is ever secured to expand it.

I have never found a straight listing on the license or LCN for this system. Its all been a mystery for some reason. I have began mapping it at one point but never got to get back to it. Maybe well be able to figure something out?

jerk

There was a system I caught last year, but there was some confusion on what exactly I received. (I was traveling through) Some of the discussion might be in the RR archives.

I can't find my notes right now and will be busy for the next three days.
But I think this is that system now rebanded. There was an older EDACS system in the database, but now I can't find it.

Anyway, good catch :D It sounds like they are using this system more than they used the old one.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Campbell County has an 800 EDACS system mostly used for MDC's. It gets some talkaround use as well as most, if not all, depts have assigned tg's. Use is hit or miss for a PD talkaround, since there the only ones with MDC's. This is supposed to be the new county system for everyone if funding is ever secured to expand it.

I have never found a straight listing on the license or LCN for this system. Its all been a mystery for some reason. I have began mapping it at one point but never got to get back to it. Maybe well be able to figure something out?

Ah, thanks for the info. I wonder why all of the sudden I am picking this up. Maybe they upped the power a bit..There seems to be quite a bit of traffic today, all chit-chat. I have heard two more talkgroups that are unid:

02-004
02-142

I am 99.9% sure I have the LCN right. System is tracking perfectly, although the same VC is being used every time due to the little traffic.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Im in Wilder & have yet to hear anything since about 2 this pm.

Im gonna have to work on that, i should be able to tell the tg's, if i get them, from numbers, & maybe even voices.

We did talk about this a while ago & couldn't figure it out, my sources failed to get me any info as well.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Im in Wilder & have yet to hear anything since about 2 this pm.

Im gonna have to work on that, i should be able to tell the tg's, if i get them, from numbers, & maybe even voices.

We did talk about this a while ago & couldn't figure it out, my sources failed to get me any info as well.

Sitting here as I type hearing APD traffic, this from SE, IN. I keep hearing the other TG's I posted, but I have yet to hear unit numbers. They seem to call each other by name more than anything. Earlier today I heard "Old Herringer RD". and "next to the power plant" mentioned on 02-061.

I am now positive the LCN is right. I have seen multiple VC's pop up all being tracked without issue. CC is still the same today.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Well Herringer Rd is in county area, covered by county PD, don't know of any power plant around there though.

Maybe my stock antenna sucks, ill have to work on it.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Anyway, good catch :D It sounds like they are using this system more than they used the old one.

Good catch Steve....

Thanks, it's been a while since I discovered a new TRS! Now we just need to get the TG's figured out. The LCN was pretty easy to get, I'm glad they used the easy one :lol:

I am still wondering why I have never picked this up before. I am using the same Yagi/Cable pointed in the same direction. I am thinking maybe they increased the power of the system?

Anyway, the CC is still chugging along on 852.900, so the system must not rotate. I get about a 95% decode rate here so it surprises me you can't get it KyFireFreak.

jerk

Thanks, it's been a while since I discovered a new TRS! Now we just need to get the TG's figured out. The LCN was pretty easy to get, I'm glad they used the easy one :lol:

I am still wondering why I have never picked this up before. I am using the same Yagi/Cable pointed in the same direction. I am thinking maybe they increased the power of the system?

Anyway, the CC is still chugging along on 852.900, so the system must not rotate. I get about a 95% decode rate here so it surprises me you can't get it KyFireFreak.

Maybe when they rebanded, they included some maintenance upgrades or enhancements?
Heck, someone could have talked them into a new antenna because the "old" was not on the right frequencies. wink:.

RTrue

New EDACS TRS

The system has been up for about a year now.

Freqs in LCN order:

According to Unitrunker, there are around twenty or so users.
Alexandria is the most prolific.

They also refer to it as MA-COM when switching.

Randy
W4RTT

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Evidently my stock antenna sucked, i bought one of the cool looking rat shack 800 antennas & now am good to go. Give me a couple days listening & ill get yall some tg tags.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Evidently my stock antenna sucked, i bought one of the cool looking rat shack 800 antennas & now am good to go. Give me a couple days listening & ill get yall some tg tags.

Good deal..I am thinking TG 02-061 might be the County with the various areas I have heard mentioned. I just can't nail it down. It would help if I could also hear the UHF channels but I can't.

I will say there has been some quite interesting traffic there in the wee hours of the morning. I am actually surprised by what I hear on there. Very unprofessional..

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
I have not heard much traffic on that tg as of yet. I can confirm that the Newport PD tg listed is correct.

Now this is those "new radios that no one can hear" were talking about don't forget.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I have not heard much traffic on that tg as of yet. I can confirm that the Newport PD tg listed is correct.

Now this is those "new radios that no one can hear" were talking about don't forget.

:lol: No doubt..

It's most active from 2300-0400. Someone might want to tell them to tone down the profanity a bit. In over 20 years of scanning public safety I have never heard/recorded anything like it. Thanks for the conformation on Newport :)

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Well ill be home listening tonight, hopefully i can figure some things out then.

Ill send the word around, they're not much better on their simplex channels either.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
The county PD tg is pretty much confirmed, all ive heard on it has been county county PD units.

Not sure about the Newport PD tg though, this morning i heard Ft. Thomas PD units on it. Thinking its a countywide channel of some sort.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
The county PD tg is pretty much confirmed, all ive heard on it has been county county PD units.

Not sure about the Newport PD tg though, this morning i heard Ft. Thomas PD units on it. Thinking its a countywide channel of some sort.

Awesome, I have updated the DB :)

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
I just saw that, i wouldn't consider that a sheriff's tg, here we have both a County PD & a county SO. PD does patrol & investigative stuff, SO handles prisoner transports, court security, serving warrants/orders/summonses/etc.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I just saw that, i wouldn't consider that a sheriff's tg, here we have both a County PD & a county SO. PD does patrol & investigative stuff, SO handles prisoner transports, court security, serving warrants/orders/summonses/etc.

Ah, ok, I'll fix it, Thanks

I also changed them to Car-to-Car rather than TAC, they seem to be more chit-chat then tactical..Let me know if I should changed the Newport one. I locked it out trying to nail down the County so I'll unlock it and listen some more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.