Campus 50 goes digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
:( Where will it all stop? Campus 50 better know as the U of A Peace Officers have gone to what appears to be a Motorola MotorTurbo trunked system.

I heard Edmonton Fire patching to them yesterday and 452.3375 Tone 141.3 was silent. A TAFL check showed it no longer licensed and instead 3 new trunked frequencies. I heard data on 410.125 and what sounded like MotorTurbo on 410.3375 and 410.9125. AFAIK it is shared between U of A Maintenance and the Campus Patrol. I see the low power repeater in the tunnel 463.2875 is still licensed and may still be operating. The repeater for the trunking system is on the Education building.

scnnr

:( Where will it all stop? Campus 50 better know as the U of A Peace Officers have gone to what appears to be a Motorola MotorTurbo trunked system.

I heard Edmonton Fire patching to them yesterday and 452.3375 Tone 141.3 was silent. A TAFL check showed it no longer licensed and instead 3 new trunked frequencies. I heard data on 410.125 and what sounded like MotorTurbo on 410.3375 and 410.9125. AFAIK it is shared between U of A Maintenance and the Campus Patrol. I see the low power repeater in the tunnel 463.2875 is still licensed and may still be operating. The repeater for the trunking system is on the Education building.

Same here in Manitoba Harry. University of Manitoba police/security switched over to MotorTurbo a couple of years back at least. :(

SCPD

QRT

"Where will it stop?" In Edmonton, when then most private and public sector convert to digital. Seems local radio shops can't keep up to with all the requests to go "digital" and away from us scanner listeners.

Unless Uniden or GRE come up with a digital multi-mode scanner soon, the hobby will die an ugly death.

I can't see Uniden or GRE staying in business beyond 2013 unless they pull the multi-mode digital radio rabbit out of its saggy Depends covered butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.