ARC536: Can’t add conventional frequencies to SDS200

TGuelker

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
Excuse me as I am still experiencing the creeping crud. My apologies if this was discussed previously but I was unable to find this issue using a search.

SDS200 Main : Version 1.23.07 Sub : Version 1.03.06

ARC536Pro 2.7 build 6

I can add trucked systems to the scanner, but any conventional frequencies I add don’t make it to the scanner. I’ve been using ARC536 Pro for over a year and have always been able to add conventional frequencies.

After ARC536 Pro uploads the frequencies to the scanner, the Information page on the scanner states the file size is 42 bytes,with 0 systems even though there are systems in the upload.

I have uninstalled ARC536 Pro, reset the scanner like it was from the factory, and cleared user data.

I have tried several conventional frequencies. Looking at Service Types, they are all - - -

If I load the trucked system, everything is fine. Only the non-trucked systems seem to be affected.

Any ideas what I am missing?

TGuelker

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
These are the steps I use to add to the scanner using ARC536PRO:

Internet/radioreference.com/verify I am connected to RR/select state Illinois and county Madison/Conventional Frequencies/put a check mark in front of Collinsville PSAP then I import.
Then I go to the Favorites Browser on the left panel and select Collinsville. Save that to the PC. Then I power the scanner off, then back on and press E. Then I upload that to the scanner. Power the scanner off, then back on and select . Make sure the Collinsville PSAP is set to ON. Go into service types and they are all - - - and I get a message NOTHING TO SCAN.
I loaded an older favorite conventional file and don’t have this problem.

Something else that is new. At times the scanner will stop on a channel and stay there with no traffic. I hit avoid and nothing happens.

Again, my apologies. These meds …

Last edited:

TGuelker

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
The Nothing to Scan message is so common we have a wiki on it....

Mike
Mike, I am aware of the wiki and why the message nothing to scan,

My issue is the conventional channels are not being sent to the scanner, only the trucked.

Also,why does the avoid button not do anything on certain channels?

RMason

Premium Subscriber
It sounds to me like you may not be selecting the frequencies to be added to the Collinsville PSAP system in ARC. Did you expand the Collinsville PSAP system in ARC? Do see the frequencies?

TGuelker

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
My personal opinion, ditch Arcpro, even Sentinel does a better job.
My first scanner was a Radio Shack Pro-2096. I learned on the ARC software. Then I bought a HPII and kept using ARC because I was familiar with it. When I bought the SDS200 the ARC software learning curve was a gentle ramp.

Flog me with a wet noodle, When I reinstalled ARC536PRO, I never entered the registration info. Now that it is registered, I can import and upload to the scanner just fine. 🙄

Still don’t know why the Avoid key doesn’t work on some channels, from the web interface, from the scanner itself, or locally

Last edited:

TGuelker

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
Here is a short video showing the Avoid button does not do anything on certain channels. It doesn’t do anything from the ProScan web server, nor does it do anything locally.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Here is a short video showing the Avoid button does not do anything on certain channels. It doesn’t do anything from the ProScan web server, nor does it do anything locally.

What exactly are you trying to avoid?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
The scanner is stuck on that channel. I should be able to avoid it since it is not scanning.
What channel, this channel? It's a control channel. Scanner needs to stay on that channel, when it picks up a transmission on a voice channel it'll switch to it
1721524446803.png

a727469

Premium Subscriber
I’m confused. It is ID scanning. It should be stuck on that channel as a control. I don’t think you can avoid by just hitting avoid. You have to go into programming and avoid.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Though quick keys re probably easier , manual says
Site Avoid
In Site Hold Mode (Func then Dept):
To Temporary Avoid press Func then Site and quickly press Avoid.
To Permanent Avoid press Func then Site and quickly press Avoid twice.
Press Func then Site to release Site Hold.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
The scanner is stuck on that channel. I should be able to avoid it since it is not scanning.
It is in fact “scanning” as shown by the words “ID scanning” showing on screen. And if it stays showing only this then you have one trunked system programmed and the scanner is just sitting on the control channel (which is what it is supposed to do).

As suggested above, you really need to read up on the operations of this unit and watch some informational videos.

Last edited: