Can a Pre-Amp damage a scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I swear it seems like after I use my old GRE Super Amplifier (which makes a lot of noise and doesnt work that well anyway) that my Uniden BCD436HP is less sensitive on local digital systems.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I wouldn't think that something like a GRE Super Amplifier would cause damage, but it is conceivably possible to put so much gain in front of a receiver with a preamp that damage could result.

bear780ks

Instead of using a Preamp or as Such Try this speaker) Its called the Hear it speaker from Gap. It one of the Best communication Speaker out there and it makes any radio sound better than they are. I don't have one my self but my Uncle had one he's Ham Operator and he showed me the Difference of his radio with and with out it.. It was big difference..

Gap Hear It Speaker

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Instead of using a Preamp or as Such Try this speaker) Its called the Hear it speaker from Gap. It one of the Best communication Speaker out there and it makes any radio sound better than they are. I don't have one my self but my Uncle had one he's Ham Operator and he showed me the Difference of his radio with and with out it.. It was big difference..

Gap Hear It Speaker

This would be a great speaker for filtering out noise on HF, HAM, and SW to improve the reception of voice signals, however as far as P25 digital signals go, I do don't think it would amplify the signals or improve decoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.