Can a Pro96 monitor LTR trunked systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmanpro96

Hey guys i was wondering if my Pro96 will decode LTR systems? If so how do you program them into the scanner, I see no reference to it in the manual...

Thanx

hill

Premium Subscriber
Not in manual, since the PRO-96 can't track LTR system. Most questions will be found by reading the manual instead of asking the questions on the forum.

Larry

Bucko

True the 96 will not track an LTR system but you can monitor some traffic by monitoring the home freq.

jeffrey420

hill said:
Not in manual, since the PRO-96 can't track LTR system. Most questions will be found by reading the manual instead of asking the questions on the forum.

Larry

With the poorly written RS manuals that seem to leave out info on many features included. One needs to resort to asking on the forums, to be steered in the right direction.

I think that is what they are here for.

mcema699

You can monitor the system in conventional FM mode unless they assign multiple groups to the same frequency(home repeater). Here Dispatch is on one, Car 1 is on one. Thats easy to monitor in conventional. Other repeaters here have more than one talkgroup on them. The multiple talkgroups aren't the hot ones anyway. We're not busy enough that radios ever go off the home repeater here. LTR here acts almost like PL.

jim293

I agree the manual is pretty poorly written. You really have to read and read the manual. When some one asks a question on this forum it is not cool to tell some to read the manual. The guy probably has been reading the manual and is asking a simple question. He does not need a rude comment like that. He is simply asking for a quick answer. Nothing more. We are all learning here.

zmanpro96

Yea, thanks to all of you who didnt give me a smart a$$ answer...I wouldnt have asked if it was a Uniden manual or someting, but it was a RS manual....You all know how RS likes to withold information..

Thanks

Thorny41587

Yeah, it's rude people like Hill that make people not want to post. If you're going to be rude about it let someone else post before you do.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
YFZBOB said:
I would have tossed my Scanner out a long time ago, if it wasn't for RadioReference.com
I wouldn't have found this site Easier to Read Pro-97 ...Which helped me with my Pro-96 :)

Yes, someone did a nice job on that site. I use it for quick reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.